What's new

Pressing Key on Bluetooth Keyboard Unlocks Phone

Kerean

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using a bluetooth keyboard case for my iPhone 5. Ever since I updated to IOS 8.4 (was previously on IOS 6), I have this strange phenomenon where pressing a key on the bluetooth keyboard would unlock my iphone and bring me to the home screen. If I push the power button, I will get the "slide to unlock" lock screen, but this is apparently bypassed if I press a key on the keyboard. Is there any way to make it such that pressing a key on the keyboard does not wake up the phone or unlock the phone? Had many unwanted "ghost dialing" and other funny clicks as a result of this.

Thanks!

Simple, turn off BLuetooth when not using the keyboard.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

The keyboard is attached as part of my keyboard case and I use it very often to send texts or what not. Turning off bluetooh is not a feasible workaround. I do not understand why pressing a key on the keyboard will unlock the phone and bring it to the home screen. If anything, it should just "wake" up the phone to my lock screen just like pushing the power button does.

Simple, turn off BLuetooth when not using the keyboard.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

The keyboard is attached as part of my keyboard case and I use it very often to send texts or what not. Turning off bluetooh is not a feasible workaround. I do not understand why pressing a key on the keyboard will unlock the phone and bring it to the home screen. If anything, it should just "wake" up the phone to my lock screen just like pushing the power button does.
Because your Bluetooth keyboard is within range. Read this from Apple's instructions on wireless keyboard use:

• Pair an Apple Wireless Keyboard with iPhone. Turn on the keyboard, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth, then tap the keyboard when it appears in the Devices list.
Once it’s paired, the keyboard reconnects to iPhone whenever it’s in range—up to about 33 feet (10 meters). When it’s connected, the onscreen keyboard doesn’t appear.