What's new

Will jailbreak ios 5 beta upgrade to official?

iJonathanXXX

Reaction score
So I jailbroke my iPhone 4 today, first time doing so, and was wondering if when the official release of ios 5 comes out will the beta, even the jailbroken ones, upgrade to the official version? If not is it possible to just restore my phone to 4.3.x and then upgrade it to the official ios 5 update?
I just don't want to be stuck on a beta for the rest of the time I have my phone and I know that Apple won't replace it if it's jailbroken so I could get another one to fix the issue.
Also should I remove the jailbreak from my phone? I don't have the means to pay for another one should anything happen to it.
Any advice would be appreciated.

The beta expires at the end of August so anyone running the beta will have to downgrade back to 4.3.x until the public version is released

Considering that the beta expires in August and I really just want my vanilla iPhone back, in the event of anything happening to it can be replaced, I tried to do a restore via iTunes to remove the jailbreak and then "update" to remove iOS 5 and iTunes keeps getting the error 1604.
I tried doing a shift+restore and doing the ipsw for the most current CDMA iPhone and that's not working either, then I got error 3194.

Is there any other possible way to remove the jalbreak? I don't care if it erases everything off my phone. I just want Cydia gone and iOS 5 gone until the real one comes out.

Any help is much appreciated....

My iPhone is back to 4.2.9! Thank you guys so much, everyone before kept saying to put it into recovery mode and then that didn't go very far.
Once again it was much appreciated!