What's new

WIFI Wont Turn On

rvjimzhr

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S for a year. I know how to go to SETTINGS and toggle WIFI on and off. I don't use wifi a lot so generally keep it turned off.

Today I'm in the public library, go to settings, try and toggle wifi on and nothing happens. The off will not turn to on. Like it's "greyed out" for lack of better description.

I try the obvious and reboot....several times but still cannot turn wifi on. Tried toggling AIRPLANE mode and BLUETOOTH just in case they're related. No help.

I'm in the middle of Idaho travelling. No Apple store around. Does someone have a clue how I might get my wifi to work again?

Thanks!!

Try downloading BossPrefs from cydia...
Oh wait your wifi doesn't work...
Sorry!

Try rebooting the device a few times. If that spent work, then try the freezer/dryer method

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

I have the same issue - wifi button 'greyed out'

The freezer - dryer method works but is not a permanent fix after a day it goes back to grey.

Saw this article:

External Link removed

I just wondered if anyone here knew if this was likely to be resolved?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry....I should have posted this months ago but just plain forgot. After many reboots and time on the phone with Verizon, they agreed the problem was hardware. They mailed a refurbished phone to my intended destination and I returned the bad phone. Problem solved.