What's new

WiFi keeps dropping!

RipGroove

Reaction score
Had the phone (iPhone 6) a week now and haven't managed to fix this. When I wake my phone up 50% of the time the WiFi fails to come back on so I'm constantly having to manually switch WiFi off and back on again to get it to connect. Thought I'd fixed it the other day by setting https proxy to auto on the wifi connection but that only seemed to work for a day.

Have tried resetting all settings etc but so far still not fixed.

Any suggestions as this is very very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone

Apple has been having wi fi connectivity isssues for years now ; I have four iPhone 4s in my family and one of them started to have the wi fi issue you describe. And now it has gotten worse- the wi fi wont come on (grey-out) and ibeen reading that if you heat it with a blow dryer till the ' temperature' warning comes on then turn it off and on will fix the problem - TEMPORARILY . Sure enough the hair dryer temporarily solution works. I am gathering that there is a cold solder joint that loses connection - mfr flaw . in summary APPLE NEEDS TO RECALL THESE PHONE AND BE ACCOUNTABLE AND FIX THEM and none of this Out-of-warranty excuse . Consumers are fed up with Apple the giant that refuses to own up that it's design flaw. Apple needs to take responsibility and do the right ethical thing and fix this aberration. Apple is well aware of this issue but refuses to fix it because it will cost them About $1 a phone in design/material change. And they don't want to do that Since it only affects thousands out of the million phones they sell.

Last edited:
Had the phone (iPhone 6) a week now and haven't managed to fix this. When I wake my phone up 50% of the time the WiFi fails to come back on so I'm constantly having to manually switch WiFi off and back on again to get it to connect. Thought I'd fixed it the other day by setting https proxy to auto on the wifi connection but that only seemed to work for a day.

Have tried resetting all settings etc but so far still not fixed.

Any suggestions as this is very very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone

What type of modem and or router do you have. I assume you have restarted the router and modem. Try going to general/reset/ network. The phone will restart then select wifi put password in and see how it is

Apple has been having wi fi connectivity isssues for years now ; I have four iPhone 4s in my family and one of them started to have the wi fi issue you describe. And now it has gotten worse- the wi fi wont come on (grey-out) and ibeen reading that if you heat it with a blow dryer till the ' temperature' warning comes on then turn it off and on will fix the problem - TEMPORARILY . Sure enough the hair dryer temporarily solution works. I am gathering that there is a cold solder joint that loses connection - mfr flaw . in summary APPLE NEEDS TO RECALL THESE PHONE AND BE ACCOUNTABLE AND FIX THEM and none of this Out-of-warranty excuse . Consumers are fed up with Apple the giant that refuses to own up that it's design flaw. Apple needs to take responsibility and do the right ethical thing and fix this aberration. Apple is well aware of this issue but refuses to fix it because it will cost them About $1 a phone in design/material change. And they don't want to do that Since it only affects thousands out of the million phones they sell.

I suggest you take it up with Apple. We are a private forum and not part of Apple

In respect to your issue have you tried doing a total restore using iTunes?

Using a blow dryer is absurd. I suggest yu go to an Apple Store if the above does not fix it.

indeed Using a blow dryer to 'fix' an IPhone is absurd - But it's the only solution that WORKS; maybe I shouldn't say it is the only soultion... Putting phone in the freezer for 5 minutes also does the trick.
Look up 'iPhone in freezer for wi fi fix' just to make sure your members have their head on straight. Thanks

I can only say to members reading this thread that we don't advocate putting your phone in the freezer, putting a hairdryer on it, putting it in a microwave oven or any other drastic measures I've seen on the Internet. New iPhones are covered for twelve months so any issues will be dealt with by Apple, Please don't try DIY methods.