What's new

iPhone 4s WiFi Inconsistent

WildPhillyBob

Reaction score
$image-1066403002.jpg

This by no means indicated consistent results. Sometimes I lose wifi connectivity and I have to turn off and turn back on the wifi to get it to reconnect ( even though the device says it is still connected). Other times i get extremely slow speeds. Then other times I get results like I've displayed with this screen shot. I use a Clear mobile hotspot for my internet connection which works very well for my mac pro all the time. So the ability of the phone to have fast wifi speeds is there. It is just very inconsistent. We need an ios5 update IMMEDIATELY to fix battery issues and this wifi problem. IOS5 is still in Beta phase. And I am a lifelong apple user.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum...

iOS 5 is not a Beta... is been release for almost a month now.

What I mean is that it is acting like a beta. Fortunately, I have gotten my 4s to behave due to my knowledge of the products. One thing I forgot to mention that seemed to help my wifi situation out a lot is by using OpenDNS on both my phone and hotspot. I think everyone that can use it should. Don't think you can use it with dynamic IP address, though. In that case, dynamic DNS should be used
Moderated-no external links!

Last edited by a moderator: