What's new

Why u should buy your iphone from best buy

pc747

Reaction score
As a former iphone user I never understood why other devices get extended warranty protection but the iphone dont. One thing I love about my droid is that if it does get damaged, lost, or stolen I can pay the deductible and get a new device. I watched my brother go through issues with his screen getting cracked, now part of it was he should have bought an otterbox but that is a different story. When I go to by either the thunderbolt or droid 3 I will still use vzw insurance but I am sure vzw will do like at&t and allow apple to handle warranty issues. Well best buy is offering the option to warrant the device and i believe it covers lost and stolen, but dont quote me on it. If i am wrong about the lost and stolen please correct me. The other suggestion is get the best buy buy back just incase apple release a 4g iphone some time next year, you can at least sell it back to them so u can buy the new iphone. Just an idea and a suggestion.

Reason to buy at Verizon: I traded in phones for Verizon gift cars.

Reason to buy at Verizon: I can pre-order.

Also, you can get insurance from Verizon for $7.99 per month, which covers damaged, lost, or stolen phones. However, it's a $90 deductible when making a claim.

Or, you can get the SquareTrade warranty for $99 with covers damaged phones, but not lost or stolen. This one has a $50 deductible.

Either way, you can easily skip Best Buy and not lose sleep over it.

The iPhone 4 will not initially be available at Best Buy. Only at Verizon and Apple stores.

...If I have to buy applecare to make sure my damaged iphone I won't be a happy customer...

Making my $7 a month pointless

Yeah, jailbreaking does start making things like the warranty and such rather hairy. I've been brave enough to root my Incredible but not much intending on jailbreaking the iPhone. Of course, if I break the wife's phone doing something like that, she would kill me. :D

Jailbreaking is completely reversible. You just do a restore from iTunes and there is no way of ever knowing.

Yeah, jailbreaking does start making things like the warranty and such rather hairy. I've been brave enough to root my Incredible but not much intending on jailbreaking the iPhone. Of course, if I break the wife's phone doing something like that, she would kill me. :D
Jailbreaking is much easier to revert and less likely to permanently brick your phone then rooting and installing custom ROMS's and kernels on your Android is.

Jailbreaking is much easier to revert and less likely to permanently brick your phone then rooting and installing custom ROMS's and kernels on your Android is.

I really wish you hadn't said that. ROFL

I really wish you hadn't said that. ROFL
Haha, I had an iPhone 3G and it was so easy to revert, just connect your iPhone with iTunes and click restore.