What's new

Why are some of my Apt.s needing so many updates?

digitalcuriosity

Reaction score
I have noticed that some Apt.s on Apple iPads keep needing updates often,but i don't see them being asked to update on my iPhone? or my computers.
Example I have Google Maps on iPads and iPhone, I have noticed it needing an update almost every Month. I have many same Apt.s on my computers and don't find them being updated.
I don't remember ever being asked to update an Apt. on my iPhone. When do they get updated? Maybe i am missing something.

If you enabled Updates in Settings - iTunes & App Store - Automatic Downloads on your iPhone, you won't be asked to update, because this happens automatically.

Go to App Store - Updates. There you'll find the apps that have been updated within the last 14 days.

Last edited:
Apps are updated when the app developer sends an updated version of the app to the App Store. Some apps, like Facebook, push out updates every week or two. It's the app developer, not Apple, that decides how often an app is updated.

If you enabled Updates in Settings - iTunes & App Store - Automatic Downloads on your iPhone, you won't be asked to update, because this happens automatically.

Go to App Store - Updates. There you'll find the apps that have been updated within the last 14 days.
Thanks for heads up.