What's new

Now i know what has been happening to my Apple iPhone6

Sounds like they have made you spend a fortune! Not impressed! People are so gullible these days, you can get a Chinese phone for around £100 and it will work in a low reception area! I have binned all my apples because the don't work here, so I guess I have I have a good reason to be biased! So what would you call a bin full of apples?

Very funny chucking them all in the bin. Apple do have a recycling program. So parts dangerous to our environment are not released into the atmosphere.
You could have sent them back.

Then it's the iPad 4. The iPad 3 has the 30 pin dock connector. The latest iOS version for the iPad 4 is iOS 10.3.3.
Then i must have an older iPad2 and as you say an iPad4 been year's since they were bought, their batteries still working good.

I also have a over five year old Apple MacPro battery is still working good.
I also have three Samsung tablets two around five years old, their batteries still very good.

I did have a problem with a smaller Samsung tablet with a swelling battery, took a lot of calls and e-mails to Samsung until i said was going to the US Safety Gov. in regards to their battery, Samsung rebuilt the tablet installing new battery also a new charger.
One (1) year later the exact same problem happened to the tablet, after many more phone calls and e-mails to Samsung they were saying the warranty had expired, i said i am calling the US Safety Gov. then after three (3) Months they agreed to giving me a brand new tablet and it's working very well alos battery is good as of today.
IMHO i think Apple has gone with a cheaper quality battery maybe other phone Mfg. are doing the same thing who knows.
But if the batter can't last five (5) years they need to find a better quality battery, also lets face it $80US dollars for their iphone6&7 batterys and i understand it's much higher for an iPhoneX battery. Well Apple there is a lot of things going to come out of this new class action law suit that is being filed, to allow owners and third party repair without losing warranty of their phones.
Hope this will send a message to Apple and make things better for all iPhone buyers.

Regardless of make of phone or tablet, the rechargeable lithium battery packs have an average lifespan of ±2 years before they start showing their age. Treat them poorly or run them hard and it may be a bit less. Treat them well and use them lightly and you can do better.

At least it's a consumable item on an iThing. I can get new batteries for each of our iPhones, iPads and my Apple Watch, just by visiting a local Apple store. Can't do that with an Android device.

I'll be honest: I liked the Android ecosystem better... except for one glaring problem: Device security. I felt it was all but non-existent with Android, whereas I feel it's pretty strong with iOS. So, despite the fact I can buy "decent" new Android devices for a couple hundred bucks, I'll stick with Apple. I want to use my mobile devices, and it got to the point I felt that was unsafe to do with Android devices. (I would never in a million years have used Android pay.)

After the many Apple upgrades i noticed my battery losing charge quicker then in the past, this after the upgrades and i had no battery issues before.

Now it is found Apple has been slowing the older iPhones telling us the older batteries are becoming weaker and have caused phones to just shut down, funny don't recall this being a major reported problem before.

What i and many others think is Apple is trying hard to get us to buy a NEW iPhone there not wanting to protect us.

I also understand some people are thinking really hard about changing from their Apple iPhones to Samsung phones.

Regardless of what Apple is trying to do, just install a new battery. :cool:

:( NOTE: My experience says you should go to a iPhone repair facility in your area to get this done. It's NOT easy to do, thanks to their #@!##@@ using double-sided adhesive tape to mount the battery (dump, really dumb).

When my 6S Plus starts getting throttled I'll take it to the Apple Store and pay them to change out the battery (unless I accidentally break it before then)

:( NOTE: My experience says you should go to a iPhone repair facility in your area to get this done. It's NOT easy to do, thanks to their #@!##@@ using double-sided adhesive tape to mount the battery (dump, really dumb).

Apple say thank you.

Loads of videos on YouTube show it to be a simple job for the experts! I would prefer a fatter phone that has a simple exchange system. We are not being treated like adults!