What's new

Now i know what has been happening to my Apple iPhone6

Easier to add a pop-up that states the phone will be slowing down due to battery performance every time it is throttling down with an option to read a message and not see the message every time it does it. Then owners have the option of calling an Apple Store (or repair place of their choice) to price a battery change.

Also can add an option to not throttle down.

Easier to add a pop-up that states the phone will be slowing down due to battery performance every time it is throttling down with an option to read a message and not see the message every time it does it. Then owners have the option of calling an Apple Store (or repair place of their choice) to price a battery change.

Also can add an option to not throttle down.
No matter what Apple could have done in this situation, there would have been lawsuits.

It's time apple used what the client wants and then they can replace them easily! In time, if they carry on this's way apple will go pear shaped! Try buying one of these with a decent battery!
There was never anything wrong with the batteries in iPhones. All lithium batteries degrade as they age and aren't able to hold the same performance level as they did when new. This holds true no matter who made the battery and what device it's used in. Better quality batteries can have a longer service life than cheaply made batteries but will still degrade with time.

Then i must have an older iPad2 and as you say an iPad4 been year's since they were bought, their batteries still working good.

I also have a over five year old Apple MacPro battery is still working good.
I also have three Samsung tablets two around five years old, their batteries still very good.

I did have a problem with a smaller Samsung tablet with a swelling battery, took a lot of calls and e-mails to Samsung until i said was going to the US Safety Gov. in regards to their battery, Samsung rebuilt the tablet installing new battery also a new charger.
One (1) year later the exact same problem happened to the tablet, after many more phone calls and e-mails to Samsung they were saying the warranty had expired, i said i am calling the US Safety Gov. then after three (3) Months they agreed to giving me a brand new tablet and it's working very well alos battery is good as of today.
IMHO i think Apple has gone with a cheaper quality battery maybe other phone Mfg. are doing the same thing who knows.
But if the batter can't last five (5) years they need to find a better quality battery, also lets face it $80US dollars for their iphone6&7 batterys and i understand it's much higher for an iPhoneX battery. Well Apple there is a lot of things going to come out of this new class action law suit that is being filed, to allow owners and third party repair without losing warranty of their phones.
Hope this will send a message to Apple and make things better for all iPhone buyers.

I hope as well, but do you think they will listen! They want you to buy every 2-3 years, not really interested in long life! About time the Chinese started on quality products!

I hope as well, but do you think they will listen! They want you to buy every 2-3 years, not really interested in long life! About time the Chinese started on quality products!
If they were not interested in long life, they wouldn’t provide software updates for such a long time. There are many units from years ago, still working without problems. I’ve got an iPad 2, which I’ve purchased in 2012, and it’s still working. My iPad Pro from 2015, which is running Public beta software, is still fast, and I expect to use it for a few more years.

The battery on my 19 year old iBook G3 Clamshell laptop still holds a 3 1/2 hour charge. My iPad 1 battery from 2010 still holds a charge for several hours of use. These don’t seem like products from a company that’s not interested in long life.

Car batteries(huge by comparison) last 3 to 5 years. Do people demand a new one when their car won’t start?

I just replaced the 12v battery in my Nissan Hybrid. It lasted 10 years, but cost me about $175.00 to replace. Thats for the part — I installed it.

Bob

Well considering that it is rumored that the iPhone 6 and under won’t update to iOS 13 when it comes it could be true that Apple is trying to abort the older models.