What's new

Update questions...VZW 4s

blakeley311

Reaction score
First, thanks for having me here.

I have two quick questions:
1. When you connect your iPhone does it backup all of the pictures to your computer? I have mine set for manual sync BUT it's a work computer and I noticed that while my iPhone was connected all my pictures showed up in "search" function. You can see why I wouldn't want my personal fotos showing up on a work computer...

2. I have yet to do the update to 5.1. My "settings" icon shows the +1 and under general it's notifying me that need to update. Can I get rid of the notification? Also, does it reserve HDD space for the update even though I haven't done it? When plugged in to iTunes it shows ~1.3gb of memory being used for "other."

Thanks a TON!

First, thanks for having me here.

I have two quick questions:
1. When you connect your iPhone does it backup all of the pictures to your computer? I have mine set for manual sync BUT it's a work computer and I noticed that while my iPhone was connected all my pictures showed up in "search" function. You can see why I wouldn't want my personal fotos showing up on a work computer...

2. I have yet to do the update to 5.1. My "settings" icon shows the +1 and under general it's notifying me that need to update. Can I get rid of the notification? Also, does it reserve HDD space for the update even though I haven't done it? When plugged in to iTunes it shows ~1.3gb of memory being used for "other."

Thanks a TON!

You can disable automatic syncing and in Edit> Preferences> Devices in iTunes.

I recommend you use Dropbox or something similar to save photos. If that's what your worried about.

As for HDD(which I'm assuming is hard disk drive space). That is nothing to worry about. Of coarse it has reserved space for the software update. Otherwise, a person with an iDevice that is at full capacity would not be able to update.

1.3GB of other. This is all your application data and is normal. There ate tricks to reduce it I guess but u have tried all of them, and nothing works. As long as your under 2GB I don't think it's anything to worry about. Unless you really really need the space.

Getting rid of the update notification. That's easy if your jailbroken. Just install a tweak called NoOTA. Simples. But if your in a stock iPhone, then Apple is going to keep pushing and bugging you to update w/ there stupid badge in settings and the popup in iTunes.

Last edited: