What's new

iTunes Wont Recognize iPhone

freeiphone4

Reaction score
When I open iTunes and connect my iPhone, iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone. I checked in My Computer and it says it's connected. It was working fine earlier. I have Vista and iTunes 7.3.2.6. My iPhone doesn't show up at all in iTunes and I also cannot get the newest upgrade on iTunes. Something about Apple Software Update has Stopped Working.

You are way behind in the updates. Get the latest update of iTunes and it will surely connect your phone. You can go to apple website to manually download the latest version of iTunes.

OK. I was able to connect to iTunes but just one time. I couldn't do it again after that. I went to apple website and installed the latest version of iTunes and it still wouldn't recognize my iphone. After about 20 attempts it finally recognized it. Not sure if it will do it again after this time.

I wonder if I should restore my iphone. If I do will I lose all my contacts, phone numbers, etc. that I manually put in my phone?

Thanks!

Yes you willlose them if you do not make a backup of them. Backupyoir phone in iTunes.