What's new

Iphone not recognized problem

Renatus

Reaction score
Hi all.

Before i go into my problem I just want to say, this problem is very rare I think, and I have tried most obvious solutions. And sorry for my bad English.

Starting off...
I have a second-hand Iphone 4. Just bought it and when it arrived it worked fine and synced very well with Itunes and a computer (I just a different computer than my own). I couldn't activate it without a simcard. The phone itself worked fine. No problem. Itunes found it and all that. Newest firmware installed and Itunes fully updated.
After two days my simcard arrived. I plugged it into the Iphone and activated it. Next I plugged in the phone in my own computer (not the other one) using the 3.0 front usb slot. I used the "apple cable" that arrived with the phone.

Now here is finally the problem. Whenever I try to connect the phone, a popup window pops up saying "USB device not recognized". The computers Device Manager and USB Controllers is showing "unknown device" with a exclamation point.

I have tried:
- Updating the driver for "unknown device" automatically online and then manually using usbaapl64.sys.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling itunes three times.
- Running a itunes diagnostics. The result is: -Ipod support service is running - iTunes Helper is running - Apple Mobile Device is running - USB ports verified - FireWire verified - No ipod, iphone or ipad found.
- Restarting computer (also resetting the USBs using power shortage).
- Plugging in the phone is 3 different computer = same "USB device not recognized" result.
- Using two different usb apple cables.
- Plus alot of useless bullshit (sry...)

Please help. If one of you succeed you'll have my eternal gratitude!
And please don't say, "try apple customer support or go to an apple store" The only thing they know there is how to give another phone (it feels like), and that's not going to work in my case.

Please post any questions that would make your troubleshooting easier and I will answer as soon as I can.

Yours truly
Renatus

Have you tried pulling the sim card, then reinserting it?

Yes, I did as you suggested just now, shutting the phone down, and reinserting the simcard and the result is the same, except now is says "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" with an exclamation mark, in the device manager instead of "unknown device".

Have you tried other USB ports on your computer..? even though the cable works on your iPhone on the "other" computer have you tried anoth cable..?

Have you tried other USB ports on your computer..? even though the cable works on your iPhone on the "other" computer have you tried anoth cable..?

Yes, I have. Thanks.

The funny thing about this problem is that it worked and when I put in the sim card it didn't work. Can a sim card cause problems?

And another thought. I plugged the phone into a 3.0 usb (it's blue and stuff). Can this affect the cable or the phone in any way? Maybe overpower the circuits or something? Any thought about that?

Thanks for helping!

Try a 2.0 USB port...if you have one...clutching at straws now...

I give up! Nothing I've tried works. Time to go to apple store and scold them. :(