What's new

Itunes will not recognize my Iphone 3gs

ffsteve84

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 3gs version 4.2.1 and Itunes ver 10.4.1.10 . I just got this phone from my brother and i am trying to sync it to my computer. Whenever i plug the phone in it asks me what i would like to do, but I tunes wont recognize it. If i plug my old Ipod in it works fine. I tried calling apple but i am not going to pay them by the minute to help me. If anybody can give me some pointers, it would be much appreciated.

Are u using the original iPhone 3GS cable? or your iPod cable? Try to use the iPhone 3GS original cable. Also you might want to hard rest your iPhone and reboot your computer and then connect it.

i tried my friends 3gs cable and it did the same. I tried rebooting my phone by pressing the home and sleep buttons for 10 seconds, because that was how i was told to do it, but now i know that enters it into DFU mode and i had to pull the SIM and put it back in because you have to use itunes to exit DFU. I have also restarted my computer several times throughout all of this.

Strange... And what about the iTunes, are using the latest one?

Ok, i figured it out finally. For those of you that may run into the same problem, I had to remove all Apple products...ALL OF THEM...I then re-installed ITunes and connected my phone and it worked.

Thank you bab2010 for your assistan

Glad it finally went well :) and thanks for the feedback, it will surely help others who will have the same issue in future.