What's new

3Gs isn't recognized in itunes on new pc

jroddy1983

Reaction score
I'm going to explain this the best way I can. It doesn't make sense to me. I have a 3Gs with all updates dl'd. Current iOS is running. When I connect to my new laptop in itunes, it doesn't bring up the device. If I connect to my old laptop it reads it. In the settings on my phone for the wifi sync it tells me that my phone will sync the next time my old laptop's network is available. I'm sure this has something to do with the newest update of the iOS. I could connect before with no problem. I switched everything over from the old to the new laptop before the old one dies completely only to find out that I now can't sync to the new laptop. I've looked and looked for a solution online and nothing I pull up seems to cover it. I restored my phone yesterday hoping it would erase the link to the old pc. Complete restore, to set up as new iphone. Fail... its still in the settings to sync with my old pc. I appreciate any help.

Updated itunes yesterday thinking that might be the problem. Both laptops are running the newest version. I'm thinking I need to change the setting on my phone but I can't find a way to change it anywhere. You'd think there would be an option to disable the previous pc but there isn't that I've seen. I'm usually pretty good about troubleshooting and figuring these things out but this has me baffled!

Didn't want to but trying uninstall of all apple components on new laptop.

Totally uninstalling all apple components from the laptop worked!!! Thanks for all the suggestions!