What's new

Computer doesnt connect to personal hotspot, iPhone 4s

rickcas177

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S, and when ever i try to connect to the hotspot wirelessly on my computer the following happens:
(I recently updated to IOS 6.0.1, and restored the iPhone.)
I click on the iPhone network
It load
iPhone shows theres 1 computer connected
Message on the computer appears "Cannot connect to "iPhone""
iPhone stops showing theres 1 computer connected

I do have Wi-fi on, bluetooth, and roaming data.

My carrier works correctly and I can access internet on my iPhone.

I recently updated to IOS 6.0.1, and restored the iPhone.

Ill wait for your help, thanks

Is the tethering/hotspot port open on your iPhone.

No, as in whether or not your carrier allows you to tether data.

No, as in whether or not your carrier allows you to tether data.

Yes it does, it worked fine about 2 weeks ago, and now it doesn't, i did not update or anything, it just stopped working.

Then you'll have to talk to your carrier about it. Most likely it's not your iPhone's problem since its been working for 2 weeks

Does it work when you connect your phone to your computer via your USB cable?

Can your computer access the Internet by using any other WiFi signal? The reason I ask is that it's possible that there is a problem with the WiFi on your computer if it won't connect to the Internet via any WiFi signal.

Can your computer access the Internet by using any other WiFi signal? The reason I ask is that it's possible that there is a problem with the WiFi on your computer if it won't connect to the Internet via any WiFi signal.

Yea I can connect to any other WiFi signal.

Have you tried connecting anything else to the personal hotspot from your phone?

Make sure your password for the wifi/hotspot is correct on the computer. (ie: it matches the password on your iPhone.)