What's new

Why are people mad that verizon is getting the iphone.

At least mine wasn't simply coming in to say how terrible Verizon is and all the horrors of it on a part of a forum specifically dedicated to Verizon.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Well, now, that is a productive post.

Were you referring to me? And was that sarcasm? And I was merely stating facts from the experience I've had with them. Not some rumors I've heard.

Well, now, that is a productive post.

Were you referring to me? And was that sarcasm? And I was merely stating facts from the experience I've had with them. Not some rumors I've heard.

Yes, that was sarcasm. I found it interesting that you went out of your way to go to blast Verizon without much anything else to say.

People are mad because they never believed it would actually happen. But, for those of us who waited... For years, the day has finally come. And I'm excited. I have a rooted droid 1 and it's time to put it away. I am really jacked to learn from you guys.

But for the haters, remeber...

miami_heat-haters_gonna_hate.jpg

Much respect to droid forums.

Haha, I've been in a mood to talk crap, not sure why?? Maybe because I have a head cold and it won't go away, and it's annoying. And since I've had service with Verizon in the past and was unhappy, I figured, why not. :iphone4vert:

I live in a very rural area (less than 6000 people) and in this area, Verizon's service is junk, the customer service is an even bigger joke. I have friends with Verizon phones, we can be standing side by side and they'll have no service and I'll have full service with 3G. I've yet to find an area that I have no service and there seem to be dead zones all over on the Verizon network, that and their calling plans suck.

As I've stated before, the ONLY way I'd go to Verizon is if I could unlock the iPhone 4 to use on the Straight Talk network, which piggy-backs off Verizon towers over here.

You guys call that rural? If the networks where I live didnt bother with 'rural' areas there wouldn't be any coverage for miles. Lol...

Other than the htc thunderbolt, which is the evo repackaged, I am not confident in the first wave of 4g devices. It would be wise to stay 3g and give it a year to work out the bugs. Alot of bugs are found when its in the hands of everyday customers using it at different times of day and at different locations. I dont want to pay high prices to be first and to experience growing pain. I would rather get another 3g device and just sign a 1 year deal and wait until next year when 4g is more developed.

Always a smart move. Can be said for anything in a beta stage. I know I can say the same thing for my motorola droid. It's a good device but, it was using a new android os that was buggy at first and did get better with time. If I had waited I would've gotten a faster phone with a better updated os.

More on the 4g. . .I can't see myself using a service that won't be in full swing for atleast a year. Not to mention the first generation devices using the 4g service will likely be buggy like you said. It's new so it's to be expected.

Haha, I've been in a mood to talk crap, not sure why?? Maybe because I have a head cold and it won't go away, and it's annoying. And since I've had service with Verizon in the past and was unhappy, I figured, why not. :iphone4vert:

I feel you on the head cold thing. All the overnight season shifts in Atlanta recently have kept me sick for the past several months. Nothing like a sinus infection that won't go away.

People are mad because they never believed it would actually happen. But, for those of us who waited... For years, the day has finally come. And I'm excited. I have a rooted droid 1 and it's time to put it away. I am really jacked to learn from you guys.

But for the haters, remeber...

miami_heat-haters_gonna_hate.jpg

Much respect to droid forums.

Some haters do "hate". But some people are cool with it and see it as just another device and your preference will not effect mine all we ask is respect on both sides. Iphone users dont act like its the greatest thing since sliced bread and android users not every one care about rooting. I have been going back and forth whether I wanted the iphone on verizon, and I left the iphone 3gs and at&t a year ago and was begging for it at one point in time. I think the competitiion will be good for all parties. Infact the vzw iphone may finally wake motorola up and start listening to the fans by making more google experience devices so I see it as a win/win for iphone and android fans. I also think we can share some knowledge of apps and games that work well on one platform and figure ways to get it on the other. So all is good on my end.

Some haters do "hate". But some people are cool with it and see it as just another device and your preference will not effect mine all we ask is respect on both sides. Iphone users dont act like its the greatest thing since sliced bread and android users not every one care about rooting. I have been going back and forth whether I wanted the iphone on verizon, and I left the iphone 3gs and at&t a year ago and was begging for it at one point in time. I think the competitiion will be good for all parties. Infact the vzw iphone may finally wake motorola up and start listening to the fans by making more google experience devices so I see it as a win/win for iphone and android fans. I also think we can share some knowledge of apps and games that work well on one platform and figure ways to get it on the other. So all is good on my end.

The voice of logic prevailing. Did I read this right that you're still considering grabbing the iPhone or was that just before you got your Droid?

Oh, btw, loaded MIUI up on the Incredible again yesterday. Man that ROM has come a long way. It's beautiful! Running really good, too.

Jkhonea I use to own the iphone infact if you really want to know how i felt about the iphone here is my post from droid dog a year ago:

menu_open.gif
menu_open.gif
post_old.gif
11-12-2009, 07:38 AM #1 pilotcharles747
Somewhat Droidish

icon1.gif
supercast
I am new to the droid phenomenon and i was an iphone 3gs user. I just purchased a motorola droid and i wanna know if someone has or will create an app to allow me to stream my directv nfl superfan to my droid like i could with my ipgone 3gs or a blackberry.

post_old.gif
11-19-2009, 03:38 AM #2 pilotcharles747
Somewhat Droidish

icon1.gif

I am not sure about outlook but i was able to apply different notification (ring) tones to different people. To be honest with you I am also having the same problem between droid and storm 2 (I am within my 30 days). I just switched from att where i had the iphone 3gs. Now even though i was not a 5 page app guy I loved the apps on the iphone (particularly directv nfl supercast). I loved the iphone and was hoping to find a suitable sub. I found that the droid had a similar fast processor and web browser as the iphone but didnt have the apps. The blackberry storm 2 had the apps but was slow. So I am struggling with do I hold on to the droid and hope the apps come or go to a phone that is proven.
I compare it to the ps 3 and the xbox 360 they first came out. The playstation was proven becauseof the success of the playstation 1 and playstation 2 so you know if you bought a playstation 3 you would get a system with games and that had a proven record. Or you could risk the money on an xbox360 and hope that they produce the games. The storm has all the apps I want where as the droid does not, but the droid is a better phone (the storm 2 is an improvement over the first one but still has problem with the smart click and the slow processor).
I personally am struggling on what to do because the storm 2 has all my sports apps (ima a huge sports fan) and I am willing almost willing to sacrifice browser speed for it. If I stay with the droid and they get the major sports apps I am a happy man.......but if i stay and they dont then i feel like i gambled on verizon's dream project that didnt get off the ground.
i personally wish i could get some info one way or another so i could decide myself.
dont get me wrong the droid looks cool, sound cool, and have cool stuff, but with out the sports it means nothing to me (watching listening to sports that is)

a year later I love the droid and I choose it over the iphone but I love and respect what apple is doing. People are ignorant to believe that apple is not setting trends. The touch screen smart phone was popular before the iphone but iphone marketed and made a ui simple for all to enjoy and to follow and compete you now see android and windows doing the same thing. The Iphone is 2 years a head of android and though android is catching up fast they are using a lot of ideas first found on the iphone. Why was dolphon browser so popular last year, cuz it offered pinch to zoom just like the iphone did and users wanted that experience. Now android had to put touch to zoom in their native browser. Itunes, app stores, apps, all from what users see on the iphone. About a year ago I saw some tablets but no one cared about such a thing the netbook was the way to go. Then Steve Jobs show up with an ipad and all people can do is laugh at it not having flash. Now every computer manufacturer and phone manufacturer is throwing out some form of tablet, heck their are companies whose name you can not pronounce throwing out some type of tablet. Say what you want about apple but they lead from the front and they may not be the first with something but they know how to take it and make it better and market it so when you think about it you think apple. When you think about tablets one of the first you think of is the ipad. When you think about smartphones apple is in the mix. Laptop you have to say apple. So apple knows how to market a product very well and they know how to sway the market and I hope apple stay strong because if it was not for them my droid would not be where it is at now. There are things android users mock from the iphone and things iphone users mock from the droid, in the end we have 2 great o.s and device and the choice in device will be based on what I prefer at the time and right now I am loving android more as far as phone, but apple as far as tablet.

New user here, wandering over from the iPad Forums.
A few months ago I was chomping at the bit to get the Verizon iPhone ASAP, being a VZW customer already. But now that I'm waiting for 4G, I'm "mad" because the iPhone 4 rollout may only have delayed the release of the HTC Thunderbolt, or any 4G iPhone later on.

It was either the HTC Thunderbolt or the iPhone 4. i reeeeeaaaalllly wanted the thunderbolt since last August when bgr.com leaked it. But after months of put down and finding out it’s only going to be a single-core at 1GHz? That disappointed me. Yes the iPhone is also single core @ 1Ghz. But when you compare the two, the iPhone wins BIG IMO. Now if the Thunderbolt was Dual-core, better battery, better display and shot pictures and videos like the iPhone, I wouldn't be in this forum right now. Plus I’ll still save 10-20$ a month because the iPhone’s not 4g. I’ll wait till 2012 when it’s in my area.