What's new

Why are Apple so slow?

Possibly Apple have to gauge this next step very carefully, the 3GS was an improvement on uthe 3, but the ip4 was a massive leap in both internals, software and the now iconic form.

The jump from iPad -iPad2 technology leap was big, the case was slimmer bur looked like a big ip3gs.

If the next phone is a 4s look alike, it will be better but is that enough to make it worth while in sales, against the production and tooling costs?

The fanzine will the buy because its the latest, while the general public users my well buy up the existing very capable models throttling down potential sale of the new device.

If indeed it is a true ip5 and not a tarted up 4s, IMHO it will have to be as startling and beautiful departure both in form change, looks and performance on the scale that the ip4 was, or i fear there will be a massive disappointment and perceived feel of 'under achievement', handing ammunition to the competition who will claim Apple have lost their innovative way.

I don't think an 8m camera and 4g will be enough, it's Apple -we expect more if only for the bragging rites ;).

I think to get a quality product takes time to perfect it, the reason Apple delayed the launch of new products because it also.

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe sounds u don't like this new high-end device as my little brother, i sent an iPhone 4 to him as his birthday gift. He didn't like it because of its touchscreen!! ~~

Honestly. The iPhone will be faster. Has to keep up with competition. But the iPhone 4 still has alot of power. No one really maximize their iPhone 4 full potential. So keeping it seems better answer.

crowd pleaser said:
Possibly Apple have to gauge this next step very carefully, the 3GS was an improvement on uthe 3, but the ip4 was a massive leap in both internals, software and the now iconic form.

The jump from iPad -iPad2 technology leap was big, the case was slimmer bur looked like a big ip3gs.

If the next phone is a 4s look alike, it will be better but is that enough to make it worth while in sales, against the production and tooling costs?

The fanzine will the buy because its the latest, while the general public users my well buy up the existing very capable models throttling down potential sale of the new device.

If indeed it is a true ip5 and not a tarted up 4s, IMHO it will have to be as startling and beautiful departure both in form change, looks and performance on the scale that the ip4 was, or i fear there will be a massive disappointment and perceived feel of 'under achievement', handing ammunition to the competition who will claim Apple have lost their innovative way.

I don't think an 8m camera and 4g will be enough, it's Apple -we expect more if only for the bragging rites ;).

Sorry, but I disagree with your comment that a better camera(s) and 4 g (LTE) would not be enough. I still love my iPhone 4 and do not feel in anyway that I need a new phone. The ONLY reason I would upgrade would be for phone speed, connection speed and/or a better camera. But none of these options are an issue for me right now on this phone. A slightly larger screen, beveled form factor or any of these other rumored changes do not provide enough WOW factor fir my to turn loose if what I think is the best phone on the market. In actuality the IOS5 is and should be the actual WOW factor for those who own and are intending to buy the new iPhone.
I guess I'm just a practical kind of guy, this phone just freaking works! My friends that own HTC's are switching as soon as they can! Yesterday a friend received a picture in a MMS message and couldn't figure out how to save it. I should him how easy it was on my iPhone and he was slightly pissed! (I couldn't figure it out either after 5 minutes if pushing every option).

dqfayi said:
hehe sounds u don't like this new high-end device as my little brother, i sent an iPhone 4 to him as his birthday gift. He didn't like it because of its touchscreen!! ~~
Apple touch interface is the best

That's exactly what I thought when I said it's too early to bring out the iphone5 I can't lie though I really was looking forward for it but just have to wait

well from marketing point of view, its the wait thats taking the iphone high, suppose you get to know that iphone5 is releasing tomorrow, and the iphone 6 will follow it in a month time, would anyone bother to buy the iphone 5? of course not, because everyone want better...
This is the secret ingredient of the secret soup of marketing. :p
Make them wait and they will buy the old as well as new.