What's new

Who will buy the iPhone 5?

geoff5093

Reaction score
Assuming Apple's timeline holds true and the iPhone 5 is released this summer, who will shell out the full retail price to pick one up?

Considering this...
Apple iphone 4 Black (16GB) (AT&T) - eBay (item 320653102792 end time Feb-12-11 09:54:26 PST)

I believe paying full reatil wont be bad if you can get atleast half.
(My personal belief is that the iphone5 will be just like the 3gs, alittle faster and maybe upgraded cameras and MAYBE even a bigger screen but nothing over waiting 6 months for)

Just my 2 cents though. But if it does turn out to be worth it then I may buy it, but I dought it.

iPhone 5 is guaranteed to be out early summer.

I suppose it all depends on how much of an upgrade it is, and how much I can get for the 4G...

isn't it going to be a 4G phone? What will 4G's plan/data pricing be like?

If you can't carry over the current plan you have then I am good on my set up for a while now.

Either way, I don't plan on getting the iphone 5 when it comes out.

It's doubtful that it will be 4G. Apple don't like to jump on something new untill it's been fully established. They like to let the other manufactures go through the teething problems...

I'm just excited to get the iPhone 4 on Verizon, I don't see that were guaranteed to have the iPhone 5 or whatever they're going to call it on Verizon early summer though, maybe ATT will, but I guess we'll all cross that bridge when we come to it. I always look forward to the latest in Apple technology!

"IF" a new one comes out, I still have a NE2 upgrade on my primary line that matures at the end of May. I will upgrade to the new model this summer or whenever it comes out...

"IF" a new one comes out, I still have a NE2 upgrade on my primary line that matures at the end of May. I will upgrade to the new model this summer or whenever it comes out...

Same here or I will add another line! 5 left lol

The thing for me, and probably others is that while the iPhone 4 is an awesome phone, it's still 8 months old and has been surpassed by other phones in terms of hardware specs and so forth. If I was eligible for an upgrade I would have jumped on this, but needing to pay full price I'd rather wait 4-5 more months and get the best iPhone at the time.

Ill be getting a 5 if it has a NFC chip and some other good upgrades, either full retail or i will borrow another upgrade ( my original ).

I am actually expecting verizon to offer an early upgrade for current iphone owners, much like AT&T does.

I don't see the point really. It won't be LTE, best case it will probably be like the 3GS. I don't see a reason to upgrade for a faster phone right off the bat, because the apps will still need to be compatible with AT LEAST the original iPhone 4 if not the 3GS, even games. I'd wait until the SIXTH iteration when apps might start requiring the iPhone 4 instead of 3GS. Just my .02