What's new

Which is the best iphone 4s case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the best and most secure case would be the otter box but is a little bulky.

Beryl said:
Dang. One look at the BookBook and I was hooked. Expensive but it does look like a bible and bad people want to stay far away from those. :D

Lol!!! I know that's right:)

Check out ivyskin - i have had their case on my 3gs for years and the phone look brand new. I will be getting it again when my new 4S arrives.

I'm not convinced that Lifeproof is any better. I saw a video on YouTube and it also got wet so it's not very waterproof.

I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that the only LifeProof cases that had issues were the very first ones after they came out earlier this year. I think they got their problems worked out, as I haven't seen or heard of any recent issues.

I read somewhere that using the lifeproof case muffles the sound by up to 30%. Has any of you using this case noticed it? I asked because I work in a noisy environment and have a hard time hearing the ringer as it is.

I really want this case. I just want to confirm that there's no issue with speaker volume.

Thanx.

taat2d said:
I read somewhere that using the lifeproof case muffles the sound by up to 30%. Has any of you using this case noticed it? I asked because I work in a noisy environment and have a hard time hearing the ringer as it is.

I really want this case. I just want to confirm that there's no issue with speaker volume.

Thanx.

Well the mophie doesn't come with a holster clip or anything, but it does protect the phone and extend the battery at the same time. Plus they say it's suppose to enhance the speaker acoustics. I'm getting one today, I'll keep everyone posted.

But you probably want to put or phone on vibrate if your environment is to noisy.

Thanx.

From what I understand it is completely sealed to water and air so it must muffle the sound some what I just dont know how much. I am getting one this week and will let you know. I do think it is the best case from all I have read and I need water protection for sailing and snowboarding.

Photoboy said:
From what I understand it is completely sealed to water and air so it must muffle the sound some what I just dont know how much. I am getting one this week and will let you know. I do think it is the best case from all I have read and I need water protection for sailing and snowboarding.

In your case, that's a good idea!

Thanx.

It does muffle the sound a tiny bit. I don't think it's anywhere near 30% though. It's so little, that I don't think it's an issue at all.

Does anyone have the Ion Predator Zero case? How strong is it? How is the volume of the speaker? Is the included anti-glare screen shield any good?

Thanx.

I don't think so. I called my Mom Thurs when I got the phone and didn't have the LifeProof case and then today when it WAS installed on the phone. She said she did notice
a tonal difference but said she could hear me fine. Indeed, its possible any difference could be mainly attributed to a crappy 3G connection I sometimes get when inside my house. My area doesn't have an abundance of cell towers so sometimes service sux if you are indoors.

I REALLY like my LifeProof case - don't see any downside to it and would greatly recommend it to anyone. Just have to figure out getting a belt holster for it now.

I am looking for a case that goes into a belt holster, and thats also compatible with a dash mount dock. anyone have any recomendations? iPhone4S :)

I really like the toughness of the otterbox. so I guess I just need to know if anyone makes a dock thats compatible with the otterbox case?

Last edited:
If you don't mind having your phone in your pocket, and it being a little bulky the Mophie may be for you. It gives your phone twice the battery life, and it looks great! It's a little heavy though, but I think I'll keep it. I'm taking my otterbox back, I want be needing it anymore.

Oh, yeah. The Mophie does protect the iPhone, except the front. But I don't have the typing problem I had with the otter box.

Man I am really digging this Mophie case. It feels good when you hold it, but it may not be for everyone. But I don't have to worry about finding outlets for quick charges any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.