What's new

Which is the best iphone 4s case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the white lifeproof case does it show dirt real bad though? Also does it stain if rubbed on dirt? Bc I work construction and if it stains I will have to do a black 1 even with the white iphone.

Just got my Phonesuit elite case. It's white of course, I have a white iPhone 4S. It's a little lighter than the Mophie case but has 600 more mAh than the Mophie case. It's has sort of a matte finish, the Mophie case has a smooth polish feeling to it.

The Phonesuit elite case frees pretty good holding it, all though the Mophie case felt more sturdy. Overall I'm happy with it, by the way the Phonesuit elite case looks better.

2100 mAh battery
Charges the iPhone 4/ 4S in two hours. (From 0 - 100%)
Sleek and relatively thin compared to other cases
Battery switch on bottom
Five LED battery indicator on back (button to activate the LEDs)
$80

Waiting for my white Elite case, my silver Boost case arrived. It looks OK with my white 4S, has the same power & functionality as the Elite, and was just under $60 on Amazon. Comparison pics forthcoming. Restocking fees will go to the losing merchant if I can't find a friend to buy it.

My battery life is pretty good - 10 hours of light/moderate use and it is at 83%. So, I'll only use one of these when away from a power source all day. (I'm looking forward to my BookBook. )

Beryl said:
Waiting for my white Elite case, my silver Boost case arrived. It looks OK with my white 4S, has the same power & functionality as the Elite, and was just under $60 on Amazon. Comparison pics forthcoming. Restocking fees will go to the losing merchant if I can't find a friend to buy it.

My battery life is pretty good - 10 hours of light/moderate use and it is at 83%. So, I'll only use one of these when away from a power source all day. (I'm looking forward to my BookBook. )

I will probably use my elite case a lot. I really don't want to keep switching off my locations services, and Siri. This case will give my phone a second wind when my battery is nearly depleted. Without it I will average about 8 hours battery life.

Got my Elite case. Unfortunately, they sent me a black one although I ordered the white one. Ignoring the color, I compared the two cases and they are identical in size and features except...

Boost case is 2200 mAh & Elite is 2100 mAh.

The top piece on the Boost is sturdier and the Elite comes with 2 top pieces and screen protectors.

The Boost costs about $25 less (via Amazon)

The Elite has a 'phonesuit' label and there is no label on the Boost at all.

Keeping the Boost and the Elite goes back. Glad they sent the wrong color. :D

Another thing -- the BookBook goes back too. It is a bear to slide it up to use the the camera. I'll probably keep the Boost on all of the time. Weird but I think it helps with voice reception.

Attachments

• $image-1290201540.jpg
    $image-1290201540.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 475
  • $image-3787583418.jpg
    $image-3787583418.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Beryl said:
Got my Elite case. Unfortunately, they sent me a black one although I ordered the white one. Ignoring the color, I compared the two cases and they are identical in size and features except...

The top piece on the Boost is sturdier and the Elite comes with 2 top pieces and screen protectors.

Another thing -- the BookBook goes back too. It is a bear to slide it up to use the the camera. I'll probably keep the Boost on all of the time. Weird but I think it helps with voice reception.

Show I pic of the boost case.

jbs06civicsi said:
Probably the best and most secure case would be the otter box but is a little bulky.

Verizon store has a case and holster set for $29.00. Been using it for a while and works good. Holster is secure and swivels. Case is thin enough and even has a fold out stand. Case protects well and is thin enough to slip into pocket when not using holster. Set is in white box on the accessory wall at Verizon store. Texture on case makes holding phone more secure

kingnba6 said:
yes i understand what you mean. that is basically a usb wall adapter.

What is the best windshield mount for IPhone 4? Want to mount in car for GPS use with a charger that I have. Everything I have found is like a air vent generic mount per Radio Shack style. Any suggestions??

Beryl said:

Man that case looks just like the Phonesuit case, but nearly half the price! Oh well, wish I would have known about it earlier on. But I'm satisfied with my white elite case.

taat2d said:
I picked up the Lifeproof case today at BestBuy. Unfortunately it'll be going back. With the case on the external speakers are in face quite muffled. I noticed a big difference in sound volume with & without the case. I have a hard enough time as it is trying to hear the phone when it's in my pocket. Oh well, back to the drawing board. FWIW, I love the case and how slim it is.

FWIW on my wife's Life Proof case I just popped out the film since its only needed for water protection. Something not needed for my wife (it's a hair thing) but the case give great all around protection. Works for me.

Yes!! I'm loving the Life Proof case too. I did notice a very SLIGHT difference in the sound in regards to my text alerts. However, NO difference in my ringtone levels. They are still VERY loud :)
I gave my hubby my Otterbox and he's having the same issue I had (the phone won't turn off most of the time) so we've come to the conclusion that it's definitely an issue with the Otterbox and NOT the phone because since switching over to the lovely Life Proof, that issue is GONE!!!!!!!!!

I don't think so. I called my Mom Thurs when I got the phone and didn't have the LifeProof case and then today when it WAS installed on the phone. She said she did notice
a tonal difference but said she could hear me fine. Indeed, its possible any difference could be mainly attributed to a crappy 3G connection I sometimes get when inside my house. My area doesn't have an abundance of cell towers so sometimes service sux if you are indoors.

I REALLY like my LifeProof case - don't see any downside to it and would greatly recommend it to anyone. Just have to figure out getting a belt holster for it now.

How's voice commands with the life proof case?!?just asking because I'm a heavy user of Siri when on the go!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I finally have my phone and LifeProof case now. I love the protection of the case but the screen cover gives off lots of glare and get very oily fast. I have a hard time seeing my phone in any bit of sunlight even indirect light.

I looked far and wide for a belt holster that would hold it. Finally at the ATT store (i got my phone from sprint but their holsters did not work) I found the largest holster they sell and it fits nicely. Great magnet closure and can be turned horizontally or vertically. I don't know if i would trust it vertically however. It just say it is the ATT large phone case by AGF (logo small on the bottom left of the packaging). He had to pull it out of the back room as it was not on the floor. The salesman told me to keep my reiciept as I always do and that it is warrantied for one year. If the clip breaks or the case falls apart from use they will replace it. It was a little pricy though at $35. Over all I am very happy with it. I usually go though a case in a year anyhow so now I wont have to replace it on my own. A+++

GarryDNjn said:
How's voice commands with the life proof case?!?just asking because I'm a heavy user of Siri when on the go!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Siri works just fine with my LifeProof on

Status
Not open for further replies.