What's new

Which is the best iphone 4s case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Book Book looks very cool. But the reviews on Amazon point out that you have to take it out of the case to use the camera. That's kind of a deal breaker for me. Too bad 'cause it really looks nice.

Yes, it fits all versions of the 4S, as all 4S iPhones are exactly the same. The housing for the Verizon iPhone 4 is also the same housing as all the 4S phones. The only housing that was different was the AT&T iPhone 4, which was the one with the volume and mute buttons just a hair off than the others. What a lot of case manufacturers did to make their cases fit all versions was to make their buttons on their cases just slightly larger than the buttons on the phone, that way it would overlap a tiny bit, so it would function no matter the phone you have.

I'm not sure if LifeProof made their buttons slightly larger or not, but I can tell you for sure that it works on both the 4 and the 4S
Its not the volume buttons its just the mute switch that is different.

Spin freak is exactly right, all three buttons are a little off. I purchased a SPF case and it really doesn't fit correctly although it was listed as a 4s case. Definitely disappointing.

Ok, I received the Otto case today and I must say its very nice, HOWEVER.................after having the security of the otterBox, I'm wondering now if I need to send this one back and order the Life case. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. I really didn't like the heavy, cumbersome feeling that came with the OtterBox. Does anyone have the Life case yet? If so how is it different from the OtterBox?

Well...............After looking online and finding out that I can purchase the Life Proof case @Best Buy, I hauled over and purchased one. I REALLY REALLY REALLY think THIS IS THE CASE!!! First, it's much slimmer and lighter than the OB, PLUS it protects against most everything. I'm currently doing the water test now,and I'm sooooooooo excited. It's a BEAUTIFUL case!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I did (and PASSED) the water test!!! I'm LOVING this case. Last Saturday I purchased the OB (waaayyy too bulky and heavy) and then on Sunday (yes the very next day) I ordered the Otto Case, and now I have the LifeProof!!!! Clearly the BEST! It's sleek, sexy, lightweight and most of all; "Life Proof" the name says it all!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Ok - I ordered the Lifeproof cover - but any input on a leather holster type case? This one looks like what I'm looking for:

Executive Series - Horizontal | Nite Ize

I'm wondering if it would fit a Lifeproof equipped 4S?

It looks like it might work but I do not know for sure. The picture for the case shows a blackberry as well, so maybe it will fit they are thicker than the iPhone. I read that lifeproof only adds 1/16". If you get this case please let me know how it works.
Thanks

My personal favourite is ikonic edge leather slip case with card slot. Protected my 3GS perfect for 2 years - looked as good as new after this time. Bought without hesitation a new iPhone 4 model for my 4s

I'm not convinced that Lifeproof is any better. I saw a video on YouTube and it also got wet so it's not very waterproof.

Don't you think it's strange that they don't offer any type of guarantee or warranty? Just saying...

outcast said:
I'm not convinced that Lifeproof is any better. I saw a video on YouTube and it also got wet so it's not very waterproof.

Don't you think it's strange that they don't offer any type of guarantee or warranty? Just saying...

Yeah, and I really don't care for the design. Plus it doesn't come with a holster clip like the defender series otterbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.