What's new

Which is the best iphone 4s case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 4S today. It seems like a very solid case, the belt clip is removable which is cool I think.

The main problem I have/had with the Defender is that over time the silicone in the area of the home button starts to become kind of "saggy" and it makes hitting the home button a pain in the arse. In 1 year they replaced my case twice under warranty. On the 2nd one, besides the loose fitting silicone, the glue that holds on the screen protector also let loose.

I really wish their case for the 4 was as good as their case for the 3GS...I loved that case. But they had to go and screw with the design. Oh well, now that I've got the LifeProof case, I'm liking it a lot, and will probably never change back to Otterbox.

Where did you get it?

I picked mine up at BestBuy. The one they carry is the same one as the $79.99 one on the LifeProof website (which is the 2nd generation, with the little bumps next to the volume buttons). If you look online, you can usually find coupons for BestBuy. Most coupons are usually 10% off, but I found one for 20% off a cell phone accessory specifically, so I paid $64 plus tax.

Those of you who order or have the Life Proof case, could you please review for us? I have seen reviews that talk about the screen cover, how it is thin, but doesn't quite touch the actual screen, resulting in having to press harder and thus losing the responsiveness of the bare screen. I am hesitating because of that. How much responsiveness is lost?

Thanks in advance. If that isn't a major factor, i will definitely get one.

I'm loving mine. Had it for a week now, and I'm not switching back to Otterbox anytime soon. I still haven't worked up the balls to try it underwater, but with all the videos of it being done posted on YouTube, I'm sure it won't be a problem. I've dropped it a couple of times so far, and absolutely no problems. The only thing that I liked better about the Otterbox was that the silicone made it stay in place when you set it down, especially on a hard surface like the dashboard in my truck. But I found that the face of the LifeProof is a little bit softer material than the back of the case, so if you set it down face first, it doesn't slide around as much.

As far as the screen bulging out, I don't know what the hell those people are talking about. My screen protector touches my screen just fine, and it's as sensitive as the bare screen. The only thing I can figure is that maybe they're trapping air inside the case when they're closing it, and that's causing the bulging. Since the case is waterproof, it might be possible. If that were to happen, you can just open the charging port cover, squeeze the air pocket out, and then close the cover back up. But either way, it's not an issue at all, so I wouldn't let those "complaints" stop me from buying a LifeProof.

spinfreak said:
I'm loving mine. Had it for a week now, and I'm not switching back to Otterbox anytime soon. I still haven't worked up the balls to try it underwater, but with all the videos of it being done posted on YouTube, I'm sure it won't be a problem. I've dropped it a couple of times so far, and absolutely no problems. The only thing that I liked better about the Otterbox was that the silicone made it stay in place when you set it down, especially on a hard surface like the dashboard in my truck. But I found that the face of the LifeProof is a little bit softer material than the back of the case, so if you set it down face first, it doesn't slide around as much.

As far as the screen bulging out, I don't know what the hell those people are talking about. My screen protector touches my screen just fine, and it's as sensitive as the bare screen. The only thing I can figure is that maybe they're trapping air inside the case when they're closing it, and that's causing the bulging. Since the case is waterproof, it might be possible. If that were to happen, you can just open the charging port cover, squeeze the air pocket out, and then close the cover back up. But either way, it's not an issue at all, so I wouldn't let those "complaints" stop me from buying a LifeProof.

I only wish the lifeproof case came with a clip like the defender case from otterbox. But I think I'll try the lifeproof case this time, since otterbox is the reason I know longer have my iPhone 4.

Here's what I'm looking for;
Leather, chic, sleek, slim case with a belt clip. Anyone have any ideas?

I have the Seidio Surface shell/holster combo. Fits the 4S perfectly.

In my opinion, we should choose a case which can be used for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S.We spend less money for more things.

Are you referring to that nylon pouch you posted about earlier?

That pouch you refer to is a nylon covered hard case. Go to Niteize.com and check it out. It's not a soft case.

Jerry


The otter Defender version is the best to protect your I-phone, just beware this case is kind of bulky (for ovious reazons), so your phone wont fit into some accesories like docks chargers or audio equipment iphone ready. I heard there are some extend adaptors but I have not test them.

Has anybody looked into or tried the Trident Cyclops Case or the Griffin case?

andgmart said:
The otter Defender version is the best to protect your I-phone, just beware this case is kind of bulky (for ovious reazons), so your phone wont fit into some accesories like docks chargers or audio equipment iphone ready. I heard there are some extend adaptors but I have not test them.

I hear the lifeproof case is really nice, but it doesn't have a holster clip with it. I can't stand having phones in my pocket, nearly every phone I had had a clip holster of some kind. I will have to again go with the otterbox defender series, event though the silicon shell needs improving. After a few months it begins to become lose. Plus the way they designed the clip is a little unsecured, I lost my iPhone 4 using the otterbox defender series, but not sure it came of the clip. It usually keep the phone in place unless I released it.

I will have to again go with the otterbox defender series, event though the silicon shell needs improving. After a few months it begins to become lose.

I thought I was the only one that had problems with the silicone becoming loose. Lol. It's a real shame that Otterbox screwed up that part of the design, because previous to their iPhone 4 case, I thought I'd never have a need to try another case, since I loved them. The only good part is that the company does stand behind their product and will replace it under warranty, but after having it replaced twice, it just wasn't worth the hassle for me. So far I'm glad I went with the LifeProof case

actually otterbox did improve the silicone problem, this is better with the new defender version for iphone 4S this case is not compatible with the iphone 4.
By the way, does anyone know any device that helps to dock the iphone with out the need of take it out of the defender case?

Status
Not open for further replies.