What's new

Where did all my text messages go??

woodynorman

Reaction score
Jailbroken iP4s 5.1.1 with Absinthe about a month ago. I've experienced a few restarts, and most seem to be related to Bite SMS (like trying to use quick compose and the phone just restarts)

This morning it did a restart, but when it came back on, all my text messages were gone. Every conversation, every text.

I havent been using anything to save SMS (I know I should be) other than plugging my phone into iTunes to backup and charge my phone, which I did a couple nights ago.

Is it safe to plug into itunes and restore from the last backup?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I searched and found a few threads related to restoring completely, but I just want to go back to where I was a few days ago....at least to get my text messages back.

Any help is appreciated.

Yes, restoring from backup will reload your SMS(at least from the point at which you last backed up). No clue how they got erased in the first place though unless you reset the settings.

Was the backup made whilst you were jailbroken?

Yes. Is that a problem? I plug it in and back up to my computer every few days. I dont mind if I have to reload jailbroken apps and tweaks.

Last edited: