What's new

When will I ever learn?

acstorfer

Reaction score
Okay, I did only have my iPhone 6 for a short time, but will I ever learn the lock button isn't on the top, and swiping the screen when turning it on does nothing?????

For those who have had their 6's for some time, how long did it take you to stop with my beginner mistakes?

I'm still in the habit of pressing the top of the phone for the power button. It may take a while to kick this habit, seeing as how I've been on iPhones since iPhone 4 :(

It didn't take me long, Maybe a week, What took a bit longer was learning to keep my fingers off volume buttons.

Yep, I'm still learning this too. Just one more reason, in my opinion, why moving the power button to the right side was a bad idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting better at not swiping. I realize I can just leave my finger on the button after I push it. Works brilliantly.

I'm still 50/50 with the lock button. With the ottercase the buttons are very stiff. I grab on the other side for leverage and hit the wrong buttons.

I'm getting better at not swiping. I realize I can just leave my finger on the button after I push it. Works brilliantly.

I'm still 50/50 with the lock button. With the ottercase the buttons are very stiff. I grab on the other side for leverage and hit the wrong buttons.

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing with my new Otterbox Symmetry case. I'm going to have to setup Touch ID.. sounds like it would be much easier.

I've had my phone since Oct 2014 and I don't remember turning it off unless I was just playing around to see how it worked.
Serious question: Why are you turning your phones off and on?

I've had my phone since Oct 2014 and I don't remember turning it off unless I was just playing around to see how it worked.
Serious question: Why are you turning your phones off and on?
I don't usually power off my iPhone, but when I finish up I hit the off button to save battery instead of keeping everything lit up for the minute it takes to shut down.

Occasionally any computer needs to be shut off and allowed to "boot" up. The iphone is no different.

Yes, But... That's a reboot not a power off. I do that.

BTW: Thanks to the early posters. I did not know about not needing to swipe after pushing the home button.