What's new

When will I ever learn?

I think the same applies although you are correct. Any computer benefits by a power off/ power on.

I power off my Mac every night and do the same with my iPhone mainly because i don't want to be disturbed by my phone in the night, If anyone messages me i get to it the next day.
I agree that devices benefit from being powered off.

I have a much loved friend that frequently calls me on her way to work to set up lunch. She knows I have trouble sleeping and frequently fall asleep in the wee hours. After one last call before 7am ( the first words out of her mouth being "did I wake you". Followed by "well you can go right back to sleep".)I decided our frienship would not survive my not scheduling Do No Disturb from Midnight until 9am. I instructed those who might need to call me in an emergency how they can get thru. After midnight I get no calls, texts, emails or any notifications.

Sorry, I didn't mean to start a big thing.

You can schedule "do nor disturb" in settings.

I understand your point. Nuff' said.

Sorry I over-shared! We are all just illustrating points for the greater enlightenment of all.

Its all good, We went slightly off topic but its fine.

I have the same issue on my Note Edge. They had to move the power button to the top to accommodate the Edge bar. I worked around it by installing a screen-off app that sits in the side bar. Now on my i6 Plus I am always reaching for the top in search of the power button.

I power off my Mac every night and do the same with my iPhone mainly because i don't want to be disturbed by my phone in the night, If anyone messages me i get to it the next day.
I agree that devices benefit from being powered off.

Same here. I have iPhones, iPads, and a Mac mini.. they are all powered off when I go to bed. Can't use them in my sleep anyway :)