What's new

Messages on my lock screen disappear

jmt356

Reaction score
I get brief updates of emails and messages on my lock screen. When I tap the home button, I see them. Then, when I tap it again, they are gone. When I left swipe from my home screen, I see Up Next, Siri App Suggestions, News, Weather, Reminders and Tips. When I right swipe, I get my camera. When I down swipe, I get nothing. When I up swipe, I get various settings, including my screen brightness, airplane mode, blue tooth and do not disturb.

Is it possible to bring back my emails to my lock screen once they have flashed and disappeared?

No, but you can enable your emails to also show in the Notifications screen. So if you miss them on the lockscreen, you can see them on the notifications screen.
There's an email client app called Email-Edison Mail, that offers an iMessage app that allows you to see your mail in iMessage.

How can I control what shows up on my Notifications screen? Under Settings | Notifications, I have News set to Off, yet I get News on my Notifications screen. I also get Weather, but I don't see Weather under Settings | Notifications and thus do not know how to prevent Weather from appearing on my Notifications screen.