What's new

2 issues - Screen rotate & guided access

Jonatay325

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 6 with a couple of issues that I need help with.

1st problem: Sometimes when I hold my phone vertically and right side up while taking a picture, the settings at the top of the screen are upside down (ie, flash , HDR, etc). Then when I take the picture, it gets saved upside down. Even though the phone itself was right side up when I took it. Also, sometimes when I'm using other apps, they will rotate 90 degrees and stay that way no matter which way I hold my phone. It seems like the sensor is acting up.

2nd issue: when I triple tap the home button and then select "guided access" the guided access pop up disappears but it's not really in guided access. All functions and buttons still work as if I never enabled guided access.

Guided access only works in the app where you start it.

Usually, you open an app, triple click the Home button, then the popup will appear. You have to adjust the settings, and tap "Start". Then it will work.

I have an iPhone 6 with a couple of issues that I need help with.

1st problem: Sometimes when I hold my phone vertically and right side up while taking a picture, the settings at the top of the screen are upside down (ie, flash , HDR, etc). Then when I take the picture, it gets saved upside down. Even though the phone itself was right side up when I took it. Also, sometimes when I'm using other apps, they will rotate 90 degrees and stay that way no matter which way I hold my phone. It seems like the sensor is acting up.

2nd issue: when I triple tap the home button and then select "guided access" the guided access pop up disappears but it's not really in guided access. All functions and buttons still work as if I never enabled guided access.

When taking photos with an iPhone the side buttons need to be down not up if you want the pictures to appear right side up on a PC, something to do with the way the PC processes the picture.

When taking photos with an iPhone the side buttons need to be down not up if you want the pictures to appear right side up on a PC, something to do with the way the PC processes the picture.

I wouldn't worry about it as it can be fixed easily if you have Picasa installed on your Windows PC. Here's an article that explains why it happens and how to fix it:

Why Your iPhone Photos are Upside Down How to Fix That

As previously stated, use Picassa or tutu. The phone so buttons are on the downside when you take a picture.