What's new

iphone 6 rotation issue

lemonbug

Reaction score
hi-

I have seen reports of people stating their iphone doesn't rotate sometimes and wanted to know if any resolution has come about?

i have two iphone 6s that have the same issue. one thing I have noticed is that it I have it in landscape and lock the screen, then return with the phone in portrait mode it will not rotate to portrait and vice versa. i did the same test with my old ipad mini and there is no issue. if I wake it up the screen appropriately rotates to whatever view I am in.

thanks-j

Welcome to iPhoneForums, lemonbug!

Here's an article that might help with your problem:
If the screen doesn t rotate on your iPhone iPad or iPod touch - Apple Support

You could try restarting and resetting your iPhone, if the screen is not rotating.
Restart: turn it off and on again.
Reset: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. The iPhone will power up on it's own. Resetting it this way won't remove data or settings.

Thanks. The restart doesn't help. I haven't done a factory reset and probably won't. Anytime there is an issue they always want you to perform a factory reset which never helps.

The reset I suggested and described was not a factory reset. It won't do any harm to your data, it won't remove photos or music, and it won't reset your settings. It could help. There's no risk to try it.

I can second J.A's advice on the reset, This can clear many glitches and doesn't change anything.

I will give it another shot and keep you posted. thx

I will give it another shot and keep you posted. thx
I have noticed this problem a few times on my iPhone 6 and thought it was the website I was looking at that was causing it to not rotate. Looks like the honeymoon phase of my new phone is over.

So I did the reset as you suggested and surprisingly it seems to have resolved it for the time being. Obviously this is some type of issue with the 6 no? Doesn't happen on my iPads or older iPhones

I'm glad it helped.

I didn't notice that on my 6 plus so far, and afaik you're the first member where I heard about this issue.

Glad to help.

I saw this thread, and afaik the solution that helped you didn't help them. No one in iPF had this problem so far - except for you.