What's new

Screen rotation while reading email

iCrush

Reaction score
I picked up a new iPhone 4, at my local AT&T store. I have had a 3G for about 18 months, so I am very savvy with how the iPhone operates. Here is my question.

When reading my email, on the iPhone 4, I rotate the phone from portrait to landscape the screen does not rotate. When I did this on my 3G the screen rotates without issue.

On the iPhone 4, I have checked to make sure rotation lock is turned off. I am able to rotate in other apps, like Messages.

I don't remember what OS my 3G was running, I have rest the phone to the original settings.

With all that being said, any ideas?

Thanks
iCrush

Restore or update to the latest firmware. If that doesn't work then I would suggest taking it back, all depends how much it bothers you. I personally have rotation lock on all the time as the constant switching from portrait to landscape view with even the slightest tilt annoys me.

Restore or update to the latest firmware. If that doesn't work then I would suggest taking it back, all depends how much it bothers you. I personally have rotation lock on all the time as the constant switching from portrait to landscape view with even the slightest tilt annoys me.

Thanks for the tip. I did the restore and it is back to normal.

Thanks again,
iCrush