What's new

Iphone 4 screen wont rotate

ronbin

Reaction score
For some unknown reason the screen on my Iphone4 will not rotate, ie, move from portrait to landscape. I must confess, it fell out of its pouch on Tuesday morning but it was OK until Wednesday and since then it has stuck in portrait mode. Has anyone any idea how I can make it rotate again please, is there a setting that needs to be altered please??

ronbin

For some unknown reason the screen on my Iphone4 will not rotate, ie, move from portrait to landscape. I must confess, it fell out of its pouch on Tuesday morning but it was OK until Wednesday and since then it has stuck in portrait mode. Has anyone any idea how I can make it rotate again please, is there a setting that needs to be altered please?? ronbin
You may have accidentally turned on the rotation lock. To check, bring up the control centre by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. The indicated switch should be off, as in this screenshot.

$image-2103027738.jpg

For some unknown reason the screen on my Iphone4 will not rotate, ie, move from portrait to landscape. I must confess, it fell out of its pouch on Tuesday morning but it was OK until Wednesday and since then it has stuck in portrait mode. Has anyone any idea how I can make it rotate again please, is there a setting that needs to be altered please??

ronbin

Bingo, job done, all back to normal thank you very much.
Best wishes and many thanks,
ronbin

I'm glad your screen rotation is working again, thanks for letting us know.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

I know this thread is quite old but my 4s is not rotating and the rotation lock is off.

Any ideas why it would not rotate with the lock off?

Thanks...

I know this thread is quite old but my 4s is not rotating and the rotation lock is off. Any ideas why it would not rotate with the lock off? Thanks...

Never mind. A hard reset cleared the issue.