What's new

What's the point of carrying both an Iphone AND Itouch?

deevel79

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks its pointless to carry both devices? The Iphone is an all in one device. Why not just put your music on your iphone and carry one device rather than two?

I work with a bunch of guys who actually carry both and when I ask why, they say they like thier music seperate from thier phone. One guy even carries an iphone, itouch, and ipad!

Hi,

Bet he's weighted down carrying all three devices.

I sync both my ipod touch and ip4 with itunes so I have music on both.

However I do sometimes carry my ipod touch for music to save on battery juice on my ip4 as i use it heavily for the internet,texts and calls.

Also when im using my ip4 I like having no troublesome earphone wires getting in the way !

if i had an itouch 4 i would carry it around with my iphone 4. simply because if the battery of my iphone dies then i am left with nothing while if i carry 2 of them i can use the itouch and iphone to replace each other in a way. but i currently carry my iphone and my ipod.

I actually have a job and just dont have all day free to wear down my battery goofing around with my phone..lol..Plus I have a car charger..plus the iphone4 is the greatest battery around..you can listen to music nonstop for 5 or six hours and still have 80% juice left. At least I can on my phone. If that aint good enough for you, I dont know what is..lol

Carring around all those electronics just make you a gearhead, anyway..(I betcha most of these people have all these devices clipped to their belt like some kind of Apple superhero) Unless its ALL job oriented, of course. Which I'm sure its not since all your doing on an itouch/ipod is listening to music or whatching videos, anyway

long story short: I think it's pointless to tote all this crap around. Its ironic since the purpose and design behind the iphone was to eliminate extra devices and incorporate them into ONE SINGLE device..lol

Last edited:
If u at work, and listening to iPad, and bosses or coworkers ask you things often than usual, then it's a clear sign somebody don't like u.

As for original Q, it's because people bought an mp3 player and iPhone, and trying to make use of both.

I wouldn't be carrying an iPod and an iPhone while on the go. I would even sell my iPod since I have an iPhone and the iPhone does everything the iPod do and even better. That's just me though.

before i got my iphone 4 16gig i had a iphone 3 8gig and a ipod touch 8 gig.

1 used for games and apps etc and the other i used for music.......so there is a good point to carrying both