What's new

What's the cause of white icons?

MTXThunder9500

Reaction score
Just like the title says i'm running a iphone 4 jailbroke with redsn0w on iso5. I did some looking around and didnt really notice any explanation so far all i have installed is cydia, winterboard, sbsettings, respring, activator, and bigu. I DID have semitether on there and thought that was the cause and still get white icons.

Using semi tether means the icon cache gets corrupted. The device can't store the icon for a jb app when it is not properly jailbroken.

Download and use the "Respring" package from Cydia. This rebuilds the icon cache and will restore your icons as long as you have booted with redsn0w.

f4780y said:
Using semi tether means the icon cache gets corrupted. The device can't store the icon for a jb app when it is not properly jailbroken.

Download and use the "Respring" package from Cydia. This rebuilds the icon cache and will restore your icons as long as you have booted with redsn0w.

So, if I restore and re-jailbreak maybe I don't get the white icons again? I restored my iPhone back to stock because it was freezing on respring sometimes as well.

I no longer have semitether on the phone though thats what i thought was causing the problem so i got rid of it.

MTXThunder9500 said:
I no longer have semitether on the phone though thats what i thought was causing the problem so i got rid of it.

But you still need your icon cache rebuilt. Follow the advice above, run it once, and you will be fixed.