What's new

Jailbroken Icons are white?

For me, I seem to get more white icons and they're more persistent for a while any time after I install an app, both from cydia and the app store. But other than that it seems totally random, I don't even have or use winterboard.
there is no solid way to fix it every time. Tho I here IntelliscreeX rispring in NC fixes it very well. The best way I got them fixed is "SpringBuild" from a repo in Cydia and the "Respring" app from Cydia. Those two apps seemed to be most affective, since I sm not a huge fan of "IntelliscreenX". But even that won't work often sometimes. Do even tho it does not work 200% every time i still highly reccomend launching "SpringBuild" let it crash, wait 3 seconds, open "Respring" app and your I white/blank icons will be fixed at least 90% percent of the time. So this is "the" best method out there I found, aside from "IntelliscreenX" which btw did a great job fixing the white icons during my trial use on my iPod Touch 4G on iOS 5. So I would stil use them. Unless u are an avid "IntelliscreenX" user. I think it's a cool tweak n all. But so not worth $10. So many tweaks out there that do so much more than IX and are free or are at least 1/3 the the price of.......... So. Yeah?

I also found another way that works better than my last post.

Open Cydia and downlopad gUIcache install it.

I set icon spread as activator action to launch the app, tap rebuild, close it then respring. Not bad and if you do this w/ SpringBuild it's even more convenient.

i was jailbroken but have since restored to factory settings, but when this happened to me once all i did was launch cydia then go to i think manage and or sources but you need to find where it says cydia with the green check mark next to it and reinstall from there and all will be good after that

Solved.

Had tried all above fixes but nothing worked. Then I did this and all icons are now correct.

To fix my blank, white icons, I used sbsettings to go into 'SafeMode.' When I restarted out of SafeMode, my Cydia/Jailbreak apps all had their correct icons. Hope this helps. So simple go figure.

Yeah I've done that too. Fact is its only gonna work for so long. In had my phone have no white/blank icons at all for a good while. Prolly 3-4 weeks was the longest. But they all fail eventually. Just a bug in the iOS 5 jailbreak I guess. But I have done all of those and they worked for a while, then I had to find a different way. Right now I'm on:

Respring with WinterBoard (just tap on themes and double tap on anything then go back n tap respring)

Then respring again from the lock screen ( in activator I set hold status bar to respring)

I also found that Activator can help a lot with this problem. For example:

In activator tap on "at home screen"
Set "icon spread" to launch SpringBuild,gUICache,or UICache (all cache building apps from Cydia)

Then set icon pinch to respring.

That technique lasted me a good while too.

Solved.

Had tried all above fixes but nothing worked. Then I did this and all icons are now correct.

To fix my blank, white icons, I used sbsettings to go into 'SafeMode.' When I restarted out of SafeMode, my Cydia/Jailbreak apps all had their correct icons. Hope this helps. So simple go figure.

I booted into safemode with SBSettings and rather than clicking restart when the message popped up, I found and opened the "Respring" app I download from BigBoss. There is not a single white icon afterwards. Any time i respring after that (even with BogBoss's "Respring" app) all icons are back to white. It works perfectly for a temporary fix...

Madman906 said:
I booted into safemode with SBSettings and rather than clicking restart when the message popped up, I found and opened the "Respring" app I download from BigBoss. There is not a single white icon afterwards. Any time i respring after that (even with BogBoss's "Respring" app) all icons are back to white. It works perfectly for a temporary fix...

Yeah, but unfortunately all it is, is a temporary fix. Just gotta keep doing it different ways.

Recently for other reasons I got backed into having to do a restore in iTunes. So I restored and re-jailbroke...... Since then there have had no white icons. I'm thinking one or more of the themes I had tried earlier caused the problem. This time around I have stayed away from themes.

Yep my white icons are back. Dam and I thought I finally had it solved