What's new

What’s happened to my screen?

fraserm728

Reaction score
This is the original screen. The phone has Never been opened in its life,never dropped or cracked screen etc.

The blue mark in the top right corner has appeared today (it’s been very heavy rain here today) but it has not been submerged in water or anything,maybe the odd bit of rainfall landed on the screen a few times.

I suspect water is/has gotten inside today and previously as the larger area at top right has been there for some time.

Is this a common occurrence or is it a faulty screen?
IMG_0263.JPG

It sure looks like water damage between the touchscreen and the screen itself. The screen needs replacement. Your iPhone is a three year old model and the repair cost could be more than the iPhone is currently worth. Although advertised the iPhone 7 as having an IP67 water resistant rating, the years since its manufacture could have resulted in deterioration of the seals. An Apple Store Genius Bar will tell you what the repair cost would be.

It sure looks like water damage between the touchscreen and the screen itself. The screen needs replacement. Your iPhone is a three year old model and the repair cost could be more than the iPhone is currently worth. Although advertised the iPhone 7 as having an IP67 water resistant rating, the years since its manufacture could have resulted in deterioration of the seals. An Apple Store Genius Bar will tell you what the repair cost would be.

I suspected as much.

Is it common for the screen seal to fail?

Didn’t you get a new battery in 2018? Maybe whoever replaced it didn’t make sure it was sealed correctly.

Reactions: 933
Looks like there is a screen protector on it, but the damage appears to be under the main screen and not the screen protector. Some of the water appears to be under the screen protector, but it also appears that there is water damage to the actual screen as well.

It is exactly the same without the screen protector.

I suspect the screen seal has failed and is letting some water in.