What's new

Part of touch screen not working

Claireymacd

Reaction score
I replaced the screen on my phone after I cracked it a few weeks ago. I did go to a local shop and I can tell the screen isn't a proper Apple one as the colour is slightly different. But it has worked fine since.

However, my phone did get a bit water damaged a few days ago (not submerged in water but I got soaked with my phone in my pocket). At first the touch screen wasn't responding at all, but it did dry out over night. However there is one section of the screen at the top which still isn't responding (3 days later). The annoying thing is, it's quite an important bit! For example I can't turn my wi-fi on or put the phone into Airplane mode or install apps, as the key buttons are all in the top right hand corner!

I know Apple won't touch this as I've had the screen fixed elsewhere but I was thinking of taking it back to the shop that repaired it and ask them to look at it? Is it possible though that it's not a screen issue but a hardware issue?

Also in the meantime Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get my wi-fi on without going to that bit of the settings menu?