What's new

Weird mark on screen.

iloveiphone2011

Reaction score
Hi folks new to forum, be kind. lol

Well i'd resigned myself to having got water or at least condensation under the screen somehow. Even took it into a shop to get quote of getting it fixed etc. However, A few days ago i noticed the mark is on the outside of the screen. I've dowsed a rag in window cleaner (lightly) and gently cleaned screen till its perfectly clean. up untill it gets used and the mark returns.

When im at work it gets a bit hot in the factory, The phone is in my pocket and when i take it out, where the weird mark is, there is sweat on it. Has anybody experienced this before? Or know how i could resolve this?

Many thanks, Graham.

Sounds pretty freakin weird, if it a new phone i would take it back to Verizon,At&t or Apple and get a warranty exchange. Thats what i would do.

Avoid to keep the phone in your pockets. Mine does the same, sweat on the screen when ever it's hot and I'm having it in my pockets.

Sounds pretty freakin weird, if it a new phone i would take it back to Verizon,At&t or Apple and get a warranty exchange. Thats what i would do.

Unfortunatley I'm literally days out the 1 year warranty. I should have had it back into 02 the day I seen it. Very strange so it is.

Avoid to keep the phone in your pockets. Mine does the same, sweat on the screen when ever it's hot and I'm having it in my pockets.

I now have a folding case for when I go into work so no sweat is near it. Works great and only £1 delivered can't complain :)

It sounds like you may have worn through a small area of the oleophobic coating they put on the screen to repel fingerprints. You notice it after using it because that tiny part of your screen is attracting oil marks from your fingers while the rest of the screen is still oleophobic (oil repellent)

Ah right that would explain a few things, would replace the screen if I had the balls lol. Way to pricey to get screen replaced in the shop. Ah well i still have a working phone at least :)

And definitely better than worrying in the back of your mind that you have water behind the screen. I'm wondering if applying a screen protector might help hide it? The only thing I am afraid of is conversely, it could potentially make it MORE noticable.

apple can still help you if you're nice and act so afraid they'll most likely help you

Yeah good points there lads, think I will try thescreen protector way first. Because in theory it's only when slightly dirty the Mark returns so give it a good clean then get protector on. Should I email apple or go into store?

Cheers :)