What's new

Replacement screens don't work (2), original still does.

paramax55

Reaction score
I replaced the broken screen on my girlfriend's iPhone 4s. To my surprise, it wouldn't display anything afterward (first time that's ever happened to me). I pluggged the original screen back in and it still worked. So I fired off a nasty email to the guy I got the screen from and went to a local shop to buy another one. The girl brought out a tester and showed me that the new screen was a good one. However, when I put in this new one, it doesn't work either. It appears I need to eat some crow with the original guy.

Here's where it gets weird... I read all of the posts about this problem and everyone says to hard reset the phone. That didn't work. Then I tried another solution from a post... I started the phone on the old screen, then switched to the new screen with the phone still powered on. The phone worked. I reset the phone and it quit working. I did this a couple of times with both screens and got the same result.

Is there an issue with some iPhones and replacement screens? Does anybody have an answer?

I have been replacing screens locally for a couple months, I just made a big order for 20+ screens. I pulled the Factory screen, replaced it with "OEM", Put it back together, powered on, and the screen flashed like it wanted to power on, but no apple logo. Tried replacing the battery, then I used a screen tester ribbon cable, ON ALL 20 SCREENS... NO LUCK. I have replaced screens for both 4's and 4S's since recieving the order, so i know its not the screens. Then rebooted the phone with the broken screen, what do you know? APPLE LOGO! Luckily I had a barely cracked screen I could throw in until I could find an answer. I'm with you, please help!!! Is it a special board/ power issue?