What's new

WSOD after screen replacement (reset not working)

Husum89

Reaction score
Hi People.

First off let me say, that i have changed 60/70 screens succesfully already.

Anyways, got a broken iPhone 4 32gb from one of my brothers friends, with a broken screen (cracked, could light up but displayed no image). I don't know the history if the phone. After taking it apart, it is clear that someone with no skills whatsoever has been messing with it, and the screen was not an original one. Several screw where overscrewed, the clip for the battery is missing, the speaker is semi-broken, and only 2/5 screws for the top cover is still there.

Anyways, after having installed a screen that i know works (tested in a different phone), the problem is still there. It lights up, but shows the "white screen of death" at first, and then WSOD with some funky colors if I try a reset (Home + power for 7 sec).

I was able to take a couple of screenshots with it, and after hooking it up to my computer, these show the "insert SIM" screen. I get sounds and touch function as well, so the phone is working, just not the LCD.

The water-indicator is still white, so I don't think it has been in water.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong? I have checked the connection to the screen 4/5 times and tested with a different screen, same result, so this is not the problem.

I have seen a couple of posts about a lost metal ring near where the connector is located which means the screen looses ground? Anyone know anything about this?

Thank you so much!

Regards