What's new

Iphone 3GS Screen Replacement

PaulS1985

Reaction score
Just replaced an iPhone 3GS screen (screen only). I've done about 25 phones flawlessly and this last phone went well, too. When I put it back together everything came on and worked great. However, I had to take the screen off again (phone was off every time) to put one screw back on the LCD that had dropped on the floor. When I put everything back together and turned it on the screen never came back to life. The phone is still alive but the screen is blank. I'm not even getting a dim screen as I has happened to me before. I tried the home/sleep button reset and even reset the phone using iTunes but still nothing. I don't get it. I didn't do anything except pull the screen out, disconnect it, put the screw back in, reconnect the screen/LCD, and put it back together. It worked the first time so it stands to reason it should work when I turned it on again. Does anyone know the magic trick to getting it to work again? As I said, I've done 25 phones and have never had this happen before. I've taken screens out 2-3 times before to whips of fingerprints under the screen and they have all worked once I put them back together. I can hear the charge beep when I plug it in but the screen is totally dead. I even used another new LCD just to rule it out. Nothing!

Wonder if somehow the #1 connector on the logic board got messed up somehow? I just replaced my LCD screen and have a backlight issue but I know that #1 connector was a PITA lol. Did you ever get this figured out?