What's new

What makes it better than past phone?

I've had just about every phone you can imagine since the first smart phone came out. From Palm Pilot to Crackberry, to many many Android Phones, to several iPhones. None of them have had the screen to body ratio I wanted. (As I've gotten older, my eye sight is not allowing me to see the 4" screens without glasses.) I've waited patiently for 15 years now for a large display with the smallest profile and have been left wanting it to be bigger and smaller in respect. This is the first phone that's going to give me exactly what I want. I saved all year to be able to pay cash for this phone after purchasing AppleCare to go along with it. Specs, battery, processor, screen type, iOS, Qi Charging, all of that can be found in other phones. All of that can be had. However, this phone has exactly what I want. 5.8 glorious inches of screen real estate sitting in e case that is just a bit bigger than an iPhone 6, 6S, 7, or 8. That's my thoughts. The rest is just talk as far as I'm concerned.

I'm probably in the minority when I state that is my only reason for purchasing this phone, but... That is my only reason for purchasing this phone. Screen size versus body ratio. Somehow I managed to not pickup an Essential phone, because it's the other phone I was looking at this year. I'm glad I was able to stop my self and wait for this phone. In a little over 24 hours it'll be in my hands and all mine.

Last edited:
I say it ALMOST fits the bill, it had qi charging, larger screen than my 7 plus and smaller body, faster processor, LED screen, should have longer battery life, gets a modern update as getting rid of the home button...but even better than a virtual button like its competitors, but the screen isn’t 100% coverage because of the camera/speaker, i wish the speaker had been moved to the TOP/upper edge of the phone and the camera embedded in the bezel outside of the screen making the screen a perfect solid front

Either way I ordered mine, should be here soon, it is NEARLY all that I want

Isn't the iPhone 6 screen way to large? It's bloody huge.

The iPhone 6 screen is smaller than the screen of an iPhone X or iPhone 6 Plus, e.g. Whether or not you consider it huge, depends on your preferences, and your eyesight. When you’re my age, a bigger screen is better.

If you never held an iPhone that size in your hands, you don’t really know whether or not it’s huge.

Isn't the iPhone 6 screen way to large? It's bloody huge.

Moving from a smaller model such as the 5s I did agree and nearly did not buy the 6, but I am glad I did as the iPhone 5s and older models seem tiny now and I could never go back to them and even though I have the iPad pro I think the extra screen real estate is worth it 100%