What's new

What just happened?!

Wya77

Reaction score
I just jailbroke my 3GS on iOS 5 with redsn0w. Cydia installed and I tapped it. Cydia was fetching files or something like that, I can't remember exactly. Then my phone resprung? and I slid to unlock, bam. I have 4 stock apps: YouTube, Weather, a "Utilities" folder with Voice Memos inside, and Newsstand. On the next page is a few apps that I downloaded. I Spotlight Search, nothing. The apps that I have work fine. I tried to reboot, nothing. What has happened?

factory restore the phone and rejailbreak it again. Something went wrong surely after you've opened Cydia. Which one did you selected to be when you first opened Cydia? User? Developer? or?

I didn't get that far. I just rebooted without using redsn0w if that tells you anything. This is pretty weird.

No i think that the 3GS is turning into an untether jailbreak once you are done jailbreaking. And if you didn't even get that far, well i can assume that the untether jailbreak wasn't perfect or so. try to open safari and see if it opens or not. If not then rejailbreak the iOS.

Safari doesn't even show up. Nothing but the apps I previously mentioned are there.

I tried to rejailbreak it in the state that it's in, and it worked, Cydia is there, I got passed everything, and click home button. Same apps are showing. No more, no less.

why don't you make a clean factory restore, then a clean jailbreak? what tool are you using to jailbreak? what firmware are you having on your phone and depend on the tool you use to jailbreak what firmware are you using to jailbreak?

I used Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 to jailbreak it. I have iOS 5.

It should be working just fine. Try a clean install "factory restore, then jailbreak"

If I recall correctly, after you jailbreak iOS 5, you then have to shut down and boot tethered to get everytng working, that's what I had to do on my iPad according to the instructions.

Now, another problem. I restored and updated to 5.0.1. When I went to jailbreak it, I clicked 'Select IPSW' and selected the iOS 5.0.1 IPSW. It says "That IPSW is not supported by this version of redsn0w." I have redsn0w 0.9.9b8, which is the latest version that promised an 5.0.1 tethered jailbreak.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Homescreen Layout

Problem solved.

I couldn't have done that. You people should read more carefully. I said I had 4 stock apps, and that wasn't one of them.

I've restored since then. Thank you anyway.

Edit: Ninja'd

Even though I'm running 5.0.1?

Last edited: