What's new

What happened??

applejacks

Reaction score
Hi y'all, I'm super new to iPhone and had no idea what jailbreaking was, or even knew how to do it myself, so I went to a iPhone repair store to have them jailbreak my sprint 5.1.1 after about 90 mins, I knew something was wrong. Long story short, I got my phone back without it jail role. ( store knows ****) well this morning (18 hrs after store visit) I rebooted my phone and now I have the cydia app on it. So tell me, what happened and how do I know I have the right jail broke installed? Themes and apps load with no issues. Sorry guys, super noob here

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow it took them 90 minutes? A jailbreak only takes about 8 minutes and it's one of the easiest things in the world to do. If you have Cydia, then it's jailbroken. There is no right or wrong jailbreak, all the tools create the same end result which is to give you root access to the filesystem and to install Cydia for managing 3rd party apps, tweaks and themes. As long as you have Cydia then you're fine. I hope you didn't pay them anything for wasting your time.

No, paid them $0.00. It was going to cost me $35, but they claimed they got a 3rd through the break and then it would stop. After several attempts I said, give me my iPhone back, apparently you guys have no clue. after the reboot, ta da, jailbreak!!

Well atleast it's JB. And for future reference all you do to JB is download a program and click 1 button lol. Not worth $35. Glad you got it working!!

Yeah man.....

Never pay anyone to jailbreak your device...it is always free....and does not require a technician of any kind to perform a jailbreak.

*especially* for A5 users...iPhone 4S/iPad 2/3......because all you have to do is restore fresh and click a button...done.

But if you have an iPhone 4 or lower model..then a DFU jailbreak with redsn0w is *always* the best way to go period .....but that is only if you have a pre-A5 device.