What's new

What is the Best Weather App??

Techie_Mom

Reaction score
I'm looking for a weather app and there are soooo many to choose from I have no idea which one to go with.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I've been using weather channel free and like it so far. It's been fairly accurate as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I ended up loading WEATHER LIVE, the free version and like it pretty good so far.

Thanks

I have been using eWeather HD for awhile.

Really like it. :)

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

S[SUP]o[/SUP]lar. When you're looking it up, you can just type in Solar and it'll show. It's a free app, that allows you to slide your finger up and down to change the time, and on the screen, the background will change according to the time of day as well as precipitation. Pretty neat and accurate, plus it offers a pretty complete list of regions, only a handful are off the list. Or if you want to go all-out, Weather HD - Live Weather with 3D NOAA Radar is a pretty nice one. It'll run you $1.99, but it offers satellite imaging (like on TV), has built-in notifications for any extreme weather (sometimes it's faster than the stock red alerts/government warning from the stock iOS), and offers a bit more detail in your info like barometric pressure, etc.

I've been using the yahoo weather app which I really like.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

S[SUP]o[/SUP]lar. When you're looking it up, you can just type in Solar and it'll show. It's a free app, that allows you to slide your finger up and down to change the time, and on the screen, the background will change according to the time of day as well as precipitation. Pretty neat and accurate, plus it offers a pretty complete list of regions, only a handful are off the list. Or if you want to go all-out, Weather HD - Live Weather with 3D NOAA Radar is a pretty nice one. It'll run you $1.99, but it offers satellite imaging (like on TV), has built-in notifications for any extreme weather (sometimes it's faster than the stock red alerts/government warning from the stock iOS), and offers a bit more detail in your info like barometric pressure, etc.

Willerz, you are usually spot on with your advice, but I am a weather buff and I gotta tell you that the Weather HD was the worst money I've ever wasted on iTunes. It's a matter of opinion though! LOL!

Willerz, you are usually spot on with your advice, but I am a weather buff and I gotta tell you that the Weather HD was the worst money I've ever wasted on iTunes. It's a matter of opinion though! LOL!

Just curious which you would recommend, because for some strange reason I like weather apps! :)

I have MegaWeather and love it,its 15 day forecast is very useful.

Last edited:
Just curious which you would recommend, because for some strange reason I like weather apps! :)

Intellicast is one of my favorites. Also The Weather Channel and Accuweather. and if you want to spend some bucks on a good radar...Radarscope!

Intellicast is one of my favorites. Also The Weather Channel and Accuweather. and if you want to spend some bucks on a good radar...Radarscope!

I just checked the intellicast one...I like it and its free! I also like the sailing weather app they make as well! Thanks for the recommendations, xrayeyes! :)

Even though this thread is slightly old, I'll throw my opinion out there!

The Weather Channel Max and Severe Weather Radio combined are the best IMO.
There's plenty of features packed into these apps.. Radar, notifications for severe weather (you can set what notifications you want in Severe Weather Radio) 10 day forecast, and with severe weather radio, you can set your location within your city, so you won't get constant alerts when the storm is on the other side of the county.

They're both very handy and I just wish they could turn these two apps into one. I'd seriously pay $10 for an app like that. :)

I normally would say weather channel but lately their map has been awful!!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner