What's new

Weather Widget app for iPhone 4s ??

elykoj

Reaction score
I am looking for a weather widget app that takes over my whole homescreen with weather and a flip clock, kind of like the Androids have. Is there such an app? I see in the app store an app called Weather+. will this do what i want?

No, weather+ is like any other apple app. It only looks Android once you open it up. You cannot use it as your wallpaper.

I've looked for similar, but even the devs have replied and say there is nothing...Apple just doesn't allow that at this time. Sorry. I've been looking for a calendar that can show on my lock screen or homescreen...it's the only real thing I miss from my Android...and it's not out or allowed either, unless you jailbreak your phone, which I just don't want to do. Hopefully Apple allows that one small thing some day.

I will say, though, that Accu-Weather is really accurate (even the hourly portion, which I've found to be very inaccurate on most weather apps), but the Free version is much BETTER than the paid version...wierd, that.

In addition, "active" wallpaper such as what you see on Android eats battery life. So, I got a feeling that Apple will never allow it since Apple is very conservative about battery size. Unless a new battery tech comes out or Apple is going the big battery route (like Android), it won't happen.