What's new

Iphone 4s weather app problem

skull791

Reaction score
OK so I have this weird problem with my Iphone 4s weather app. (apple weather app) I can't delete cities. Actually I have 2 cities that i put there whenever and i have local weather check. I can delete two cities i have and clouse the app then open few min later and its just my local weather. If i leave it for few hours I come back and open weather and both of the cities that i deleted before are back. where is this data coming from. how come they don just stay deleted ??? What should I do how to I fix that ? I did network reset, turn off my icloud back up, reset locations not sure what else should I do. Help Please !!!

Phone is jailbroken.

There has to be more people having this issue. Here are screenshots of it happening to me.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/frqqtfLkksrGNX-JdTDmgbM4ypF0bwTVP_Ot8ojodS0?feat=directlink

$photo 1.jpg

Last edited:
I have a jail broken 4 S and I do not have any issues with the weather app. I've installed 4 or 5 different themes and variations of different weather widgets which require me to modify the config.js file. If you have changed any of the config files make sure you did not change the weather app in addition to the theme.

Has anyone figured out a resolution to this problem? I am having the same thing on my jb iPhone 4 with ios 5.0.1. Bascially, the issue is this:

- Any city in the Apple weather app prior to the jb/upgrade cannot be permenantly deleted (cities can be deleted, but they reappear after either closing an reopening the app or waiting an extended period of time)
- I can add an additional copy of a same city already on the iPhone (either before or after original deletion) and deletion of this city works as designed. However, the original same city still appears
- I can add a completely a completely new city not already selected in the app and successfully delete it without it reappearing

This is a real pain as I have 3 or 4 cities that I need to get rid of (originally had them on my phone for a business trip).