What's new

Weather +

Ferdi

Reaction score
Hi, i bought the "weather+" app. The best weather app btw. I want to let this app work on my lock screen. Now in their FAQ they say its not possible as Apple don't allow them to do it. Is there any one that can help or even point in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

None of the iTunes applications can modify system files, so no there is no way to get the weather+ app to show up on your lockscreen.

Thank you for your reply. There is no such a thing as no in my vocabulary. There IS a way. I just need to find it. Thank you though.

Something like this?

Attachments

• $image-3274065446.jpg
    $image-3274065446.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 436
That would be good to have it as a lock screen but ATM you would need to jailbreak in order to do so but I do agree it's a very good app to have

Thank you for your reply. There is no such a thing as no in my vocabulary. There IS a way. I just need to find it. Thank you though.

Well in this case it is a definite "no." All iTunes applications are sandboxed which means they can only operate within a designated area of the filesystem. This is why people jailbreak so they can install tweaks that are not sandboxed. You will never be able to have an iTunes application modify system files, otherwise the app would not have been approved. As Semel pointed out, there are several weather tweaks and widgets you can install through Cydia, but you're not going to be able to use the Weather+ app(an iTunes application) on your lockscreen.