What's new

What do you think of the iPhone 5C?

Feel ripped off now. Bought two 5c's for $98 each at Sam's club. Now best buy is selling them for $50.

^^^^^
The price is bound to drop after launch and create a consumer war, this is a fact, but you wanted the 5C now, yes?, you couldn't wait, so unfortunately you must pay the higher price, it will be free under a contract and at a reasonable price soon enough, but you probably should of waited if your so easily consumed by the price wars going on between the different companies.

The fact is that if you buy close to launch your going to pay more for the privilege, wait a little bit and you wont feel so ripped off because you would get a better deal after a few months, anyway you got them now so enjoy, the price will drop naturally anyway just enjoy what you've got and don't worry about how much (x) sells them for, who cares right?, you got them - enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

^^^^^
The price is bound to drop after launch and create a consumer war, this is a fact, but you wanted the 5C now, yes?, you couldn't wait, so unfortunately you must pay the higher price,

Traditionally, Apple doen't whore out their products, the price at introduction usually remains the same for at least a year or so. If I had forked out money for a new phone (not to mention locking into another 2 year contract) I too would be pi$$ed, its never happened so quickly in past iphone introductions.

Bottom line, Apple's marketing is changing and there are no guarantees on phone prices. I am sure thiis will affect old iphone values, expect them to drop drastically!

Feel ripped off now. Bought two 5c's for $98 each at Sam's club. Now best buy is selling them for $50.

Sent the wife back to Sam's to fight for a price adjustment. She got it for both phones. Now a happy camper again!

I bought 7(yes you read that right SEVEN) 5c's last week. 4 blues and 3 pinks.

All were free with the new agreement.

They are iPhone 5's with a new pair of cameras and some other minor improvements.

My family had been using the 4s.

After 1 week of use I gotta say...I like it!

Fast, colorful, stand out above the rest and Siri even works better.

But the big surprise came today.

Two of them hit the floor today. 1 pink was the first. A blue followed about 10 minutes later.

Both fell about 3 feet to a very hard tile floor.

I freaked both times.

Not a scratch!

Damn! The 4s would have shattered front and back.

But those 5c's literally bounced and 100% survived. And they didn't miss a beat when I tested them after the falls.

Fast, colorful and tough.

We have a winner!

And its the 5c.

Last edited:
Would not want your monthly bill! LOL

These phones are distributed through out my family. And are on T-Mobiles unlimited everything plans.

All individuals pay their own cost.

So I pay $76 a month.

So does everyone else.

Traditionally, Apple doen't whore out their products, the price at introduction usually remains the same for at least a year or so. If I had forked out money for a new phone (not to mention locking into another 2 year contract) I too would be pi$$ed, its never happened so quickly in past iphone introductions.

Bottom line, Apple's marketing is changing and there are no guarantees on phone prices. I am sure thiis will affect old iphone values, expect them to drop drastically!

Please do not post information like your last statement that is untrue or without some sort of real posted evidence. Apple does not and have not drop prices drastically......they never have

What happens under contract is a different matter as the user pays regardless. That is entirely up to the provider and nothing to do with Apple.

Have had the phone for two weeks now. Liking more and more. The blue tooth streaming of music to my car stereo is crystal clear. Much better sound than I got out of my Palm Pre Plus.

I'm also getting to my two weeks of owning a 5c.

For starters its fast. Even once I got all my apps loaded it keeps flying along.

Rugged! Bounced on TILE floor. Not a scratch or internal damage.

IOS 7.0.2 running like a charm.

iTunes has zero problems.

iCloud works fine.

Just finally tonight got some music back in it. 2.02 GB was 336 songs, from my personal library on my computer. Been dying to try out those new redesigned ear buds.

For starters the music was transferred in its entirety all at once to iTunes. No problems. Then upon syncing the music transferred in a heart beat to the phone.

I of course haven't been able to sample every track I transferred. But the few I did try sound great. I still keep the EQ off. Sounds best that way.

Since I ran the battery down to 15% and did a full recharge battery life has improved greatly. I get through a whole day barely getting down to 40%. So I recommend burning up your battery shortly after getting your new 5c and recharging for at least 3 or 4 hours. That's about how long I recharged after discharging and was back at 100%.

So very glad I got the 5c instead of the 5s. This was an upgrade from the 4s. And I see a big difference.

Some people my not like the colors, I say get a case. May not like the plastic. What's your case usually made of?

I'm sorry but the iPhone 5c for me and my family was a great move.

Folks please keep the thread on track with what the OP asked which is what do you think of the iPhone 5C ?

Thank you

I've had mine now for about two weeks and I'm very satisfied. I picked up a white 16GB model from Wal-Mart for $45.

The phone is a big improvement over my old 4 in every possible way. It's much faster, has the larger screen, 4G LTE is awesome, battery life is improved, and the camera is much, much nicer.

Anyone who thinks these phones are "cheap" or are "junk" obviously haven't had their hands on one.