What's new

What do you think of the iPhone 5C?

NickJ

Reaction score
aae6bebb-ac90-4fc7-b166-a5cbead9e443.jpg

The news is out! The 5C is a real phone. It has been announced just now during the address from Cupertino. It appears to be a more accessible device than the flagship iPhone.

Last edited:
its good but I would not buy a lower spec phone or want to downgrade from a 64gb model to a 32gb, but it does look good and the extra colours they added was a nice touch

I don't really know anything about it, why have they made it?

I don't really know anything about it, why have they made it?

Why? probably to make a more affordable version of the iphone and also for people who like the different colours, im sure apple had other reasons but it was a good idea for people who might want an iphone but not wanting to pay top dollar

I guess apple is trying to make the version 5 technology last a little longer. Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Nokia continue to make major strides in the cellular market while apple dribbles out a 5C and 5S. Whoopie!, not impressed. My wife dumped her 4s and jumped ship this year with a Motorola Droid Max, after playing with it and using it for a few days I would be hard pressed to buy a new 5C/S. I was hoping apple would blow the market away with a V6, larger, faster, more features, better battery, but not. But wait, its got a new finger print reader!!!! Whap, Whap, Whap, Fail!

INHO Apple is falling behind, I think the 5C was released for those who just have to have an iphone over anything else but couldn't afford the premium. The 5S is not worth having to be locked into another 2 year contract from (not to mention the initial cost).

Perhaps without Steve Jobs the apple ship has lost it's course, only time will tell.

iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C? Which should I get? I'm open to the idea of the 5C, as long as the issue of battery life has been addressed and corrected. As it currently stands with my iPhone 4 my iPhone battery is horrible! The lack of any battery life has rendered my cell phone into a land line telephone that you can read twitter on.

I saw a commercial that advertises Droid phones with batteries that last two full days. Two days?! My phone does not even last 20 minutes! How has Apple already not fixed this issue if the technology exists for Droid to make a battery last two days?

I'm pretty frustrated as I sit here tied to the electrical outlet.

I guess apple is trying to make the version 5 technology last a little longer. Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Nokia continue to make major strides in the cellular market while apple dribbles out a 5C and 5S. Whoopie!, not impressed. My wife dumped her 4s and jumped ship this year with a Motorola Droid Max, after playing with it and using it for a few days I would be hard pressed to buy a new 5C/S. I was hoping apple would blow the market away with a V6, larger, faster, more features, better battery, but not. But wait, its got a new finger print reader!!!! Whap, Whap, Whap, Fail!

INHO Apple is falling behind, I think the 5C was released for those who just have to have an iphone over anything else but couldn't afford the premium. The 5S is not worth having to be locked into another 2 year contract from (not to mention the initial cost).

Perhaps without Steve Jobs the apple ship has lost it's course, only time will tell.

I always buy mine sim free, though it drives up the cost it means no extended contract, I would never jump ship but I still have my android Samsung camera and android phone,

The S is the way to go IMO.

To me it's the poor relation, I wouldn't buy one one, Apple have always been about top quality in every thing they do, this looks cheap to me, it's not in keeping with Apples standards.....thats just my opinion though :)

I think Apple has just devalued the iPhone. Why anyone can have one now!

The 5C off contract is priced much higer than was anticipated and I will avoid it keeping my 5.
The 5S A7 Chip and 64 bit is an outstanding jump in performance for the iPhone but
I will stay on 5 and wait for iPhpne 6 which I hope will offer a thinner device with a better battery
and larger screen. Things are looking better but not enough
for me to sell my 5 and buy the 5S at such a high price.
My interest is tainted by the lack of usable jailbreaks for the newer firmwares on iPhone.
I keep my options open and see what comes from the rest of
the industry in response to Apples newest releases.

I think the 5C is overall a good idea - but I think they're going to regret ditching the 5 completely - they should've put the 5C alongside the 5. I think the 5C could actually push more people to other devices that are in a similar price range.

The iPhone 5 is a great device - has a very premium look and feel to it. The iPhone 5S has the same look and feel, with a few new features and spec bump. The 4 and 4S had a premium look/feel. The iPhone 5C does not have the same premium look or feel to it that the 5 or 5S have.

The bottom line is this - if you don't want to pay $200+ on contract and $650+ off contract, and you want more phone than the 4S, you're stuck with a bunch of "unapologetically plastic" phones with a bunch of cartoonish colors. I'm not saying they won't appeal to a certain portion of the population, but by dropping out the 5 completely, they're also excluding a segment of the population that has stuck with Apple due to their hardware quality, even on their lower-end phones.

With the 5C Apple is not thinking about United States…they are thinking about China…

It's a cheap way to recycle old hardware and make more money with out have to design a new device.

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.