What's new

iphone 5C setup passcode issue

AE1M

Reaction score
I just got my first iphone, iphone 5c. I have an ipad2 and has been in service about 2 years. After setting up the iphone 5c (w/icloud), my ipad now is requiring me to have a passcode lock set. I didnt have a passcode lock set prior to setting up the 5C, which I did set a passcode lock for. Any reason why this happened, and how to remove the passcode requirement from the 5C?

rasmith1959

Reaction score
I just got my first iphone, iphone 5c. I have an ipad2 and has been in service about 2 years. After setting up the iphone 5c (w/icloud), my ipad now is requiring me to have a passcode lock set. I didnt have a passcode lock set prior to setting up the 5C, which I did set a passcode lock for. Any reason why this happened, and how to remove the passcode requirement from the 5C?

Removing the passcode from your 5c is simple, just tap Settings-Passcode then just tap Turn Passcode Off. You'll then be asked to type in your current passcode and asked if you want to turn off Keychain or use Keychain without a passcode.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

xrayeyes

Reaction score
just for clarification...it's requiring you to set it up, or it's requiring you to enter a passcode? In small type below the setup process it usually states you can continue without setting it up.

Ledsteplin

Reaction score
Could be because you now have 2 devices on the same iCloud Apple ID. I would use a different Apple ID for the 5c iCloud account. That way, each device will have the free 5 gb of storage, rather than sharing 5 gb between the 2 devices. Use the same iTunes Apple ID though.