What's new

What do these incoming call options mean?

GAMESHARQ

Reaction score
When I get an incoming call, I get two options: Remind Me Later and Message. What do these mean and which one do I hit if I want to send it straight to voicemail so it doesn't keep ringing?

Decline sends it to your voicemail. Message sends a text to the caller. Remind me later reminds you later of the call.

I don't get an option to decline, just Remind me later or Message.

Below Remind me is a red circle. Under that circle it says decline..Under Message is a green circle. Under that circle it says Answer.

I use Remind all the time. Very handy.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

image.jpg

If you don't see the above you need to go to Apple and ask why. However, this is how you can answer a call so you must not have understood me.

If you don't see the above you need to go to Apple and ask why. However, this is how you can answer a call so you must not have understood me.

This is what my screen shows when I get a call:

DnzksXt.png

This is what my screen shows when I get a call:

DnzksXt.png
That is because your phone is locked when the call comes in. Have someone test this for you by calling you when the phone is not locked. There is no need for a decline button when the phone is locked.

I beg to differ, but obviously there is a need if I am asking about it in the first place. The need is to get the phone to stop ringing.

Flip on the mute button or airplane mode or do not disturb if you don't want to do as JA suggests.

When the phone is locked, a single tap of the power button silences the ringer but still allows you to answer by sliding the bar on the screen, should you change your mind.

A quick double press of the power button sends it to VM immediately and the call screen reverts back to the call screen.

If phone is unlocked, then the above mentioned buttons are present for Decline, Message, etc...